Unidentified Masks

  • lucasanart
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010
      Hello everyone,

      I just got these masks that I have been sent from Cameroon.
      But do not identify them, I would like to help me and to give me your most honest opinion.

      I named the pictures from 1 to 4.

      The pictures of you can see here:

      I hope I appreciate any help.

      Thank you very much everybody.

      Best regards
      Lucas
    • Veronique Martelliere
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010
        Bonjour Lucas
        My modest opinion is that these masks are of Gabonese styles (some of them with a touch of Lega).
        And my honest opinion is that they were not carved to be sometimes worn by Gabonese persons but
        were made for people like you and me (to collect).
        They are pleasant to look at and can very well decorate a home and seduce visitors who - thanks Gods - have not,
        in general and for the most, a sharp knowledge in tribal arts.
        Cheers !
        Vero