Re: congo masks

  • rpearsonpe
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 10, 2010
      Assume both the mask and songye fetish were made for the tourist market or 'runners' bringing them outside of Africa. They are both 'interesting'; the songye nicely carved and at $50 a better than average 'curio'. IF you can get past the 'needs to be 100 years old and authentic' yadayada and appreciate the pieces for what they probably are- nicely hand carved locally produced artistic tribal handicrafts, you will live a long and happy life.