CALL FOR CONTRIBUTORS: Past and present African experiences everywhere in the world.

  • Wale Idris
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 15, 2010

      Dear friends and colleagues (Africa-Arts subscribers)

      This message is for you, if you are interested in African issues through either a sense of conscience, scholasticism, or by profession. We need you, if you are passionate about the country you live in, country of origin, or a country that you are familiar with, to write a few pages about historical and contemporary African experiences in that country.

      Our goal is to provide proper and fair representation of past and present African experiences. At the bottom of this email you will find a link to a website that has been created to provide necessary information and writing guidelines for our country pages.

       On June 15th, 2010 African Views organization will launch a beta version of the much awaited African Views framework and you will be able to subscribe for membership and access. When the framework launches, you will notice that many of our country pages remain unassigned. However, you will have instant access to over 100 indicators including the African Views indicator which uses a factor of 100 current vital indicators to create a unique index for each country or territory in the world. The AVI (African Views Index) ranks each country's capacity to promote human development without prejudice based on race, creed, culture, religion or gender among its people. The index not only reflects how Africans are integrating in every country but also where each nation stands comparatively.

      We generally believe that meaningful development can be achieved when detailed information needed for articulating and evaluating policy implementation originates from the source and properly documented. This is why your input is needed right now. We call upon you to participate in the African Views framework development.

      Please take a few minutes to visit: http: www.africanreviews.org

      See samples of our country pages and writing guidelines. See what's in it for you and how you can participate. Feel free to forward this email to any qualified scholar or colleagues you think may be interested in contributing.

      Thank you,

      Wale Idris

      African Views

      CALL FOR CONTRIBUTORS: Past and present African experiences everywhere in the world.