3 Masks from Angola through Customs

  • turley19at
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2010
      A few weeks ago I posted photo's 2 masks I had recently acquired in Angola – 3 more have just come through customs:

      - Lwalwa
      - Lovale Chisaluke
      - Salampasu (the paper pasted on the rear is the Angolan numbered authority to export)

      Although I have a broad idea, I haven't had the time to research their specific rituals yet.

      I mentioned in my last post the circumstances of acquisition and the general feeling in Angola. This one is all about sharing the masks. Please feel free to comment in any way (on authenticity, ritual or artistic merit)....or simply enjoy the photos

      Regards to all

      Andrew
      www.suagacollection.com