Re: Malagasy Standing Couple (Hazomanga?)

  • afrikhantiques
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15 4:46 AM
      Thank you so much Lee for your extensive and informative reply. I learnt a lot more about Malagasy sculptures from your posted pictures from QB and the articles - I find the last artcile you posted particularly interesting. They are all excellent pictures to reference my piece.
      I am hoping that I could get your personal opinion on my piece - I have also added more photos.
      My statue is not as well preserved as the museum pieces. I personally do like the natural erosion and damage as it gives the sculpture a certain enigma.
      I've tried to find Malagasy art from private collections through several african art auctions but they are hard to find or just very rare.
      Best regards,
      Khan