Auction stuff comming up tomorrow in Central France

  • johnhfalkner
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2009
      Greetings Group;

      Just being viewing 100 + lot sale here in France Centre Bourges ( Tribal Central, as it now known - by me)
      These are a few of the lots that caught my attention
      ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/African_Arts/photos/album/74559971/pic/list )
      Lobi / Fon - anybody got any comments?
      Nothing has a reserve of over $100 - but then maybe there is a reason?
      Have a look at the pix and let me know, before I blow the weekly food budget .

      Yours with only half a glass of wine,John
    • M.E.F.
      Message 2 of 4 , May 16, 2009
        buy some nice food and drink; you'll be better off!

        Message 3 of 4 , May 16, 2009
          Hi John,

          Did you decide on any of the pieces and make a bid? I would have chosen the matched Lobi pair if I were there. I am still a sucker for Lobi carvings.

          Best,

          Jason Castillo
          www.gallery805.com

          --- In African_Arts@yahoogroups.com, "johnhfalkner" <johnhfalkner@...> wrote:

          > Greetings Group;
          >
          > Just being viewing 100 + lot sale here in France Centre Bourges ( Tribal Central, as it now known - by me)
          > These are a few of the lots that caught my attention
          > ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/African_Arts/photos/album/74559971/pic/list )
          > Lobi / Fon - anybody got any comments?
          > Nothing has a reserve of over $100 - but then maybe there is a reason?
          > Have a look at the pix and let me know, before I blow the weekly food budget .
          >
          > Yours with only half a glass of wine,John

        • john hope-falkner
          Message 4 of 4 , May 17, 2009
            Bought the Ti Puo - a delightful lady.

            Margalit - probably also a delightful lady - suggested I should buy
            food and drink ... so I spent the remaining euros on a baguette.

            Lobi count here in France Centre - now five.

            Baguette count - one,rapidly diminishing.

            Bon Soir a tous,

            John