Re: [African_Arts] Re: how old... and a new topic

  • dwolf22@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2008
      My my ... never a dull moment in the land of monkeys and hyenas ... glad some of us are equipped with those elfin daggers ... remember?.. like the one gifted to Frodo...  the one that glowed whenever the Orks were near ..... me ... I'm still using an old analog BS detector ... but it works fine ... the meter started jumping early on ... but the 4k attribute blew the fuse! ...nice work on the flickr find!  Can anyone lead me to a published pic of a monkey like this? I am told there is one .... this is labeled Dogon but others seem to disagree ... and many are just not sure .... anyone?

      In a message dated 9/5/2008 3:06:09 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time, sprice@... writes:

      --- In African_Arts@ yahoogroups. com, MO OKDG <okdg@...> wrote:

      > Lee, could you please tell Grant that someone may be telling him a
      lie?

      Hi

      I doubt that anyone lied to him. The only thing he's written that I
      believe is that he has a couple of pieces that he'd like to sell. The
      rest (the source being his multimillionaire collector grandparent, the
      4,000 year age of one piece, the New York Craig's List advertisement,
      the $34,000 offer) is pure baloney. He'd be lucky to unload the pieces
      for a few hundred dollars on eBay, and I'm sure he knows it.

      Steve Price