Re: [African_Arts] Appraisal near LA?

  • Marc Hallet
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 6 11:55 AM
      Gregory Ghent appraised a large collection in the Los Angeles area for us.  We highly recommend his services.  Information you need is available on his web site:  http://www.gregoryghent.com/

      Marc Hallet

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 10:50 AM
      Subject: [African_Arts] Appraisal near LA?

      Hello everyone, I am new to the forum.

      I am in need of an expert to appraise my African art collection for
      insurance purposes. I live on the Central Coast of California; so
      either San Francisco or Los Angeles would be possible. Los Angeles is
      more convenient though.

      Does anyone have anyone they could recommend?

      Also, how much does the authentication- appraisal process cost?

      Thanks!

    • RAND (www.RandAfricanArt.com)
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 6 2:03 PM
        Besides Gregory in the San Francisco area, whom I would also recommend, there is another ethnographic art appraisal company in Los Angeles I would recommend.

        It is Lerer & Leiberman:

        The contact there would be Jennifer Leiberman.