Re: [African_Arts] Re: Extensive African art exhibit, 'Masquerade,' on display at UCM's library until Feb. 28 | digitalBURG.com

  • ari birnbaum
    Message 1 of 26 , Jan 19, 2008
      Hi Gary,
      I agree with Holland Cotter [and with you]
      That african art don't get the respect it Should especially at Universities...
      I just visit the University i was graduate
      Haifa University in Israel -no interset in African Art but they had courses on Faberge egges and Judaica in 18th Century etc...
      The only disagreement with Mr.Cotter i have is with his opinion about Picasso..
      Today three years after the article was Writen Picasso influence is even more Apparent.
      There are alwayes Art critics that trying To find
      Or write provocative opinions like the one
      Link enclose -but history and time are  the Only final judges.
      I belive that African Art anf Picasso are both great-Forever.
      Regards,
      Ari