Re: A Visit Not To Be Missed

  • Steve Price
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2007
      Hi

      It's an insult to the intelligence of everyone who participates in
      this forum for a dealer to put up a post in which she calls her
      inventory a private collection, invites people to her sales venue and
      calls it an exhibition, and refers to herself in the third person, as
      though the post was placed by an enthusiastic third party.

      Steve Price

      Moderator's Note: It has been our general policy to allow one-time postings introducing group members to private and commercial venues and sites through which to view and/or acquire African objects. As Ms. Dagan offers the opportunity for members to view works that may be of academic, personal and/or commercial interest given their inclusion in her numerous publications by Galerie Amrad, it does not strike me as inappropriate to allow this message -- which appears to be worded in the form of a general press release for submission to multiple sites and publications rather than seeking to suggest a third party endorsement. Since the source contributor is clearly identifiable in the posting as Ms. Dagan herself, I think the intention and purpose are clear. Lee

      --- In African_Arts@yahoogroups.com, "esther.dagan"