Re: [African_Arts] Igbo masks

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2005
      I should have looked a little harder, sorry about that.

      The masks can be seen in the folder in the photos section of the group called: igbo masks

      and also the 2 photos of the mask called "mmuo mask" that are not in a folder that were part of the group.

      I have always been intrigued by the Igbo 'elephant' masks like the one you posted a photo of, but I have never researched Igbo masks at all so I know very little about them.

      It would be great if you gave the group some information on the masks you posted, it may be repetitive for some but educational for others.

      RAND

      Rand African Art <rand@...> wrote:
      Did you add the masks to your website or did you add them to a folder in the groups' photo section?

      I looked in the group's photo folders and didn't see any, I found a couple of masks on your website, but the photo was one that had been on your site for a while I thought?

      Can you clarify for the group where the photos are located, it would also be great if you could tell us more about the masks (function and so on) since I believe you got them on a recent trip to Nigeria.

      Thanks
      RAND

      okorodus_art <okorodus_art@...> wrote:
      Hi group
      I have added some pics of some masks i got in Nigeria they are all Igbo masks
      enjoy
      Godfrey
      http://users.pandora.be/gallery-labalaba