Face to face with tribal art - African and Bornean art brought together in Malaysia

  • RAND (Rand African Art)
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2007
      A couple of art enthusiasts are trying to raise awareness of and appreciation for tribal art in Malaysia by exhibiting African and Bornean art together.

      "Unfortunately, the greatest contrast between Bornean and African tribal art is in how they are appreciated. While African tribal art is already recognised in the West and sells for large amounts of money, local tribal art has yet to be recognised on that scale, though regional appreciation is slowly growing. The even greater disappointment, though, is the fact that we Malaysians don’t appreciate our own tribal art."