Bamileke beaded sticks?

  • wendy
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2007
      Hello everyone,

      Wondered if someone can give me a link for information on Bamileke sticks, I would post a
      picture but for some I reason they won't uplift.

      My contact in Cameroon has brought me some walking sticks, or maybe they arn't walking
      sticks at all and thats why I can't find any info on them..they are heavily beaded, and one
      features an elephant on the top level, followed by a monkey, followed by another animal, the
      second stick or totem has an elephant on the top level with twin figures of a man back to
      back...they stand about 2ft tall, and the beads cover the entire stick in bands.

      They are very beautiful in the standard of beadwork and I would like to know more about
      them, I appreciate any links.

      Cheers from Senegal.

      Wendy