Re: [African_Arts] A one hundred year long journey of a Fang figure

  • paolo paretti
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2007
      Hello,

      is there somebody who is going to see Suzan Vogels documentary film today?
      Maybe he can ask her to upload the film at youtube or google video.

      I started recently with some of my films or films of friends with ethnic contents to
      publish them in the Web.

      Example: A Voodoo sacrification ceremony from North Togo.
      Before the animal-blood were mixed with palm oil to feed the fetishes, they have
      broken the bones of the chicken and cut off their tounghs.

      The quality of the clip is not so good, but  on my next trip in six weeks to the
      Lobi country I hope to make some better films in the hut of a diviner and about the
      work of a carver.

      Paolo (Moderator note: The short clip linked above may not be for everyone. As with many ceremonies in Africa, it involves the killing of animals, please do not watch if this sort of thing bothers you.)

      Am 15.02.2007 um 12:01 schrieb ari.b:

      Suzan Vogel's documentary 8 minute film at MFA..Date: Thursday, February 15, 2007 Time: 7:00 pm
      : http://www.mfa. org/calendar/ event.asp? eventkey= 25808

      .

      <event.url>