Todd and Lina at Brightpath Gallery

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2006
      I know this message is a bit unusual.

      I apologize to anyone who does not think it is appropriate for a message like this to be posted to the group, but to me we are a "community", a group of people in which a lot of you I consider to be friends even though we have never met. We all share a common interest and there are those of us who are also compassionate towards other human beings, especially in a situation like this.

      If I can help a friend out who is in need, I will do so with whatever means I can. The email below explains a terrible situation that has happened to a member of the group, and gives a link to a page on my site that I've created that explains the situation a bit and allows people, if they are so inclined, to make donations to them to help them out through this rough period.

      This morning a member of our group (thanks Ron) informed me that Todd and Lina of Brightpath Gallery recently suffered a terrible loss. Their home, and everything in it including 3 of their 4 pets was recently lost to a fire.

      Todd and Lina are good friends and good people. If you already know them, then you know this for yourself. They are going through a very difficult time right now, I spoke to Todd on the phone this morning.

      I've made a page on my website (linked below) that gives a little more information about what happened and an update on one of their pets. This page also gives a link for people to donate, if they are so inclined, to a fund to help them out during this initial period that I set up through PayPal called the "Todd and Lina Fire Fund".