Re: [African_Arts] Please help identify these bronze/copper figures

  • Ed Jones
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2006
      Junaid.

      I am quite certain that these are bronze and from the Bamileke tribes - grasslands of Cameroon.

      Regards,
      Ed

    • Junaid Gamieldien, PhD
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2006
        Thanks Ed (I always thought that the faces look somewhat like those of
        Bamoun and Bamileke masks and figures)

        Does anyone have any ideas who/what they represent?

        Cheers,
        Junaid

        --- In African_Arts@yahoogroups.com, Ed Jones <bucit@...> wrote:

        > Junaid.
        >
        > I am quite certain that these are bronze and from the Bamileke
        tribes - grasslands of Cameroon.

        > Regards,
        > Ed

        > Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using
        Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.