6348Chewa (Bonya) Masquerades & Satire

  • Ed Jones
    Jul 18, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 570 KB
    The attached .pdf illustrates a certain Bonya satirical masquerade about the Chinese.

    This is very interesting characters described indeed !!  Several created characters about the Chinese and migratory  pervasiveness among other things by the Malawians and Chewa peoples.  These are current events and social or even political issues they face.

    Accept the reality that "we" (Americans and most westerners) do not know as much as we would like to believe is written or published in our favorite books, ideologies, words, expressions and perceptions about African masks and masquerades and cultures.  There is always room to learn and develop and foremost, the purpose of this group.

    Ed