6171Help on best way to sell off collection

  • sweet.christy
    Mar 3 9:10 PM
      I am helping my grandfather sell off his African collection of items that he collected in the 1950s and 1960s while he was living in Sudan, Ethiopia, Libya and Nigeria.

      My questions is what would be the best way to do this? I assume there are dealers that specialize in African Art - but at a loss on where to find one in the Pacific Northwest. Would one just contact them? Or would you just sell individually online?

      He has a wide range of items, figures, jewelry, household pieces made from copper, silver, bronze, wooden, and basketry, plus a few Coptic parchment books. I assume his collection is a mix of original items and items made for the tourist trade. Most of the items he would purchase from bicycle traders in exchange for crop reports from outlying areas. (His job in Africa was setting up irrigation projects and agricultural improvements)

      Any help would be appreciated
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic