5997Re: please help identifying sculpture

  • kdragt
    Nov 22, 2012
      I know, Im very shallow:) and thinking he never went anywhere besides basic training and then Africa, I couldnt imagine he brought it home from some exotic land. But I appreciate your thoughts and will now follow up on what I can find about New Guinea or Asiatic art or just add it on top of the wood pile. It honestly does not appeal to me, I was just hoping it would to someone!
      Rich

      --- In African_Arts@yahoogroups.com, Ed Jones <bucit@...> wrote:

      > What makes you think it is African?   Looks to me as if it may have a "Paupa New Guinea" (Sepik), or Asiatic appeal...

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic