5384Re: A Dinga, Congo, Funeral Mask?

  • Martin Vorwerk
    Apr 28, 2011
      Hello Robert,

      i saw a similiar mask today at bonhams auction site described as a binji mask. you can find it here:
      http://www.bonhams.com/usa/auction/18574/lot/2115/

      There was another one like this on ebay last october but with no specifications about the tribe. you can find some pictures of it here:

      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986842/congo%20mask%20oct.%202010%20ebay.zip

      Best regards and much luck for your search,
      Martin

      --- In African_Arts@yahoogroups.com, anthroarts@... wrote:

      > Lee; thank you very much. I was relating information or misinformation as related to me. Thanks to you and your discussion group, I am learning. Robert.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic