4551Re: [African_Arts] Where to find info or who to contact

    Feb 15, 2010
      Julia:

      The figure may well be West African, possibly Yoruba or Yoruba-inspired.   Although it does not closely resemble any particular figures that come to my mind. aspects of the posture and facial details suggest a search of Yoruba figures might allow you to identify characteristics helpful in refining your search.  The scale of the object would also be a helpful detail in determining its origin and function.

      The mask does not appear to me to be of African origin.

      Lee

      On Feb 15, 2010, at 9:45 PM, julia wrote:

      I am trying to find information regarding two pieces of African Art. I posted a message hoping for a reply and I have not received any reply. I am wanting to find out anything I can about the pieces. I have pictures posted to this group. Can someone tell me who to contact. I have no idea what type of pieces I have.

      Thanks, Julia

      Moderator's note: See images at the link below.
      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/African_ Arts/photos/ album/627873938/ pic/list

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic