4100Re: Re : [African_Arts] Fresh Masks

  • Andrew
    May 11, 2009
      Hi Renaud,

      I have taken a couple of shots of each of the backs/insides of the masks and posted them next to the originals

      I agree with Steve whole heartedly: "There are those who know they've been fooled into buying fake/reproduction/inauthentic pieces, and those who don't know it yet" So all opinions to authenticity greatly appreciated.

      I am very interested in the details/opinions from the photographic interpretation because I often take refuge in Ann's philosophy too: "We can all afford to lose a little to ensure that we remember to learn" and anything I can learn from other peoples assessment methods is valuable.

      Thanks to all for such marvelous site dialogue.

      --- In African_Arts@yahoogroups.com, renaud riley <renaudr1@...> wrote:

      > It would be good to see the inside of these masks to see if they are authentical.I do have some doubts on few of them.

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic