Re: [Adria-Umbria] Phoenix ComiCon

  • Duncan Wallace
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 25, 2013

      Dame Shahara, since I am otherwise unable to do much else with the group these days due to working nights and my active family life, I would very much appreciate it if you could reserve me a pass for comic con. I would be more than happy to offer my steel combat prowess as well as possibly some rapier (depending in how my hand is feeling.)

      It pains me that I havent been able to participate as I once use to but the time for that to change is soon. I hope my reemergence is met with an open mind. One way or another I am getting back into combat. I need it.

      Thanks,
      Sir Duncan

      On Mar 25, 2013 10:55 AM, "dameshahara" <dameshahara@...> wrote:

      Phx Comi Con will be here before you know it! It's Memorial Day weekend, the actual even begins Thursday evening 5/23. I need volunteers help set up our area Wednesday evening 5/22 between 6 and 9, also to be on site Thursday night to promote our demos. The floor opens for the mundanes at 4 that evening.

      I will need volunteer(s) to coordinate and prepare for the Kids Activity (1 hour) that we have to do some time during the weekend. They gave us a couple of suggestions on what to do with the kids. Unfortunately, I won't be mobil enough to do this part.

      I have spoken with some of the combatants that attended last year and even though some will not be attending this year's event in order to accompany our King to Banner War, they did offer comments.

      Two idea's have been presented and I would like more feed back before we start setting up the schedules.
      1)Was to space the combat demo's a bit more. Instead of doing one every hour, do one every 90 minutes to give the combatants a bit more rest time.
      2)Was to keep them one every hour, but break up the disciplines, do one strictly Steel and the next hour strictly Ren. Let me know what you think.

      We will only have 20 passes this year so I'll need to know who can attend when. We managed to get extra passes last year, but that won't be happening again this year.

      Also, I've heard that we will have some CA Adrians coming to participate. We'll need to make sleeping arrangements for them. Anyone up to offering bed or floor space? Let me know.

      As most of you know, I have surgery on 4/2 so I won't be out for a few weeks. I will be checking my email and the egroups regularily and many have my phone number if there are any questions. His Grace Gaetano and Sir Errand will be assisting me with scheduling. You can contact either of them also.

      It's going to be a busy weekend for all of us, let's make the best of best of both events and show the Empire Umbria shines!

      In Loyal Service,
      Dame Shahara of Lion's Court

    • dameshahara
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 24, 2014

        Greetings,

        Just wanted to put out a reminder that Phx ComiCon is not Banner War Weekend this year.  It is scheduled for June 5-8th for those who need to request time off.

        If I hadn't included this in the previous post, our space allotment will be the same as last year 20X30.  Since they provide it to us free of charge, they cannot afford anymore space than that.

        Loyally,

        Queen Shahara