Weekend Freeway Closures

  • Michelle Thissell
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 1, 2004
      I am sorry to report that I will not be available next week to post the freeway closure notice. But I am working on arrangments for someone else to do it. So hopefully this works out.

      I am very glad that this has been such a help to everyone in the kingdom. So as long as I keep getting these reports I will keep forwarding them.

      Dame Cocah Anatolii

      For Immediate Release September 30, 2004
      Southbound I-17 in Phoenix closed this weekend for quiet pavement work
       A section of southbound Interstate 17 in Phoenix will be closed this weekend as crews continue their work to add quieter rubberized asphalt to Valley freeways.
       The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) says drivers are encouraged to use alternate routes while southbound I-17 is closed between the Loop 101 and Peoria Avenue from 9 p.m. Friday (Oct. 1) to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 4).
      Crews will add a one-inch overlay of the quieter pavement to the freeway.  Drivers are encouraged to exit I-17 ahead of the full closure point and use Happy Valley, Pinnacle Peak or Deer Valley roads to reach southbound 19th or 35th avenues as alternate routes.
      The ramps from east and westbound Loop 101 to southbound I-17 will be closed.  Meanwhile, the ramps from southbound I-17 to east and westbound Loop 101 will be open.
      For more information about ADOT�s project to add rubberized asphalt to Valley freeway log on at www.quietroads.com   Information about freeway and highway closures and restrictions can be found at www.az511.com or by calling 5-1-1.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Michelle Thissell
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 3, 2004
        Valley freeway improvement work to require lane restrictions this weekend
         Drivers will encounter some restrictions on Valley freeways this weekend.  The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) says crews will be working on various improvement projects at the following locations:
        � Westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) will be narrowed to one lane between Van Buren St. and 40th St. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday (Dec. 4) for pavement repair work.   Although the freeway won�t be closed, drivers should consider exiting at Priest Drive and using westbound Washington Street before re-entering the Loop 202 at 32nd or 40th streets.
        � Westbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) will be narrowed to one lane between Interstate 17 and 35th Avenue from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Dec. 6) for shoulder paving work.  The westbound Loop 101 entrance ramp at 27th Avenue will close at 9 p.m. Friday.  Drivers should consider using Union Hills Drive or Bell Road as westbound alternate routes before re-entering westbound Loop 101 at 35th Avenue.
        � Southbound Interstate 17 will be narrowed to one lane between Union Hills Drive and Greenway Road from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday (Dec. 5) while crews add permanent lane stripes and pavement markers to the recently installed rubberized asphalt surface.  Drivers can avoid anticipated traffic backups by exiting southbound I-17 at Pinnacle Peak or Deer Valley Road roads and using 19th or 35th avenues as alternate routes.
        � Grand Avenue (US 60) will be closed in both directions between Bethany Home Road and Glendale Avenue from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday (Dec. 4) while crews work on signal light and pavement improvements at the intersection of Grand Avenue and Bethany Home Road.  Bethany Home Road will limited to local traffic between 43rd and 55th avenues.  Drivers should use 43rd or 59th avenues as detour routes beyond the Grand Avenue and Bethany Home Road restrictions.  Local business traffic on Grand Avenue will be maintained.
        For updated freeway closure and restriction information, visit www.az511.com <http://www.az511.com> or call 5-1-1.

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Michelle Thissell
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 10, 2004
          Weekend freeway restrictions in the Phoenix area Drivers will encounter some restrictions on Valley freeways this weekend (Dec. 11-12).  The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) says crews will be working on various improvement projects at the following locations:

          � Southbound Interstate 17 will be narrowed to one lane between the Loop 101 and Greenway Road in north Phoenix from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday (Dec. 11) while crews add permanent lane stripes to the recently installed rubberized asphalt surface.  Drivers can avoid anticipated traffic backups by exiting southbound I-17 at Pinnacle Peak or Deer Valley roads and using 19th or 35th avenues as alternate routes.  Access to the Loop 101 will remain open.

          � Westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) will be narrowed to one lane near Stapley Drive in Mesa from 11 p.m. Saturday to 12 p.m. (noon) Sunday for painting and sign work on the recently widened Stapley bridge over the freeway.  Drivers can use Baseline Road or Southern Avenue as alternate routes.

          � Westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) will be narrowed to one lane between Van Buren St. and 40th St. in Phoenix from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday (Dec. 12) for pavement repair work.   Although the freeway won�t be closed, drivers should consider exiting at Priest Drive and using westbound Washington Street before re-entering the Loop 202 at 32nd or 40th streets.

          � Northwest bound Grand Avenue (US 60) will be closed between 39th and 43rd avenues from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday (Dec. 11) while crews remove old lane stripes and add new pavement markings.  Traffic will be detoured on 39th Avenue to westbound Camelback Road before returning to Grand Avenue.  This work is part of a project that has added the new Grand Avenue Overpass and eliminated the six-sided intersection at 43rd Avenue and Camelback Road.

          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 24 5:18 PM
            Travel alert for visitors heading to Phoenix this weekend:  Westbound I-10 to be closed in Phoenix area
             Travelers planning on coming up to the Valley this weekend should be prepared to take detours off of Interstate 10.  The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is scheduled to add rubberized asphalt to a section of I-10, as well as other of Valley freeways this weekend, if the weather cooperates.
            Westbound I-10 will be closed between Ray Road and Elliot Road (in Tempe) from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 28) for rubberized asphalt resurfacing.  The primary detour route during this closure will be the eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) to the northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) and westbound US 60 to return to westbound I-10.
            Travelers coming to the Phoenix area should exit westbound I-10 at exit 161 to go east on the Loop 202 Santan Freeway.  Drivers should continue east on the Loop 202 and then take the Loop 101 Price Freeway north.  Once on the Loop 101, drivers can go west on the US 60 Superstition Freeway to return to I-10.
            While the westbound I-10 exit ramps at Chandler Boulevard and Ray Road will be open, drivers are encouraged to use the Loop 202 detour to avoid anticipated traffic backups.

            Scheduled Valley freeway restrictions
            (weather permitting) this weekend (March 25-28):
             Construction workers are scheduled to add quieter rubberized asphalt to additional sections of Valley freeways this weekend, if the weather cooperates. The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) says several freeway closures are scheduled in the Phoenix area this weekend (March 25-28).  However, cooler weather could force the work to be postponed.  Here are the planned closures:
            � Westbound I-10 will be closed between Ray Road and Elliot Road (in Tempe) from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 28) for rubberized asphalt resurfacing.  The primary detour route during this closure will be the eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) to the northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) and westbound US 60 to return to westbound I-10.  While the westbound I-10 exit ramps at Chandler Boulevard and Ray Road will be open, drivers are encouraged to use the Loop 202 detour or another alternate route to avoid anticipated traffic backups.  The ramps from east and westbound Pecos Road/Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) to westbound I-10 also will be closed.  Ahwatukee area drivers affected by the I-10 closure should consider using eastbound Pecos Road to the eastbound Loop 202 and follow the northbound Loop 101/westbound US 60 detour or another alternate route.
            � Southbound State Route 51 will be closed at McDowell Road from 9 p.m. Friday    to 5 a.m. Monday (Mar. 28) to allow crews to add rubberized asphalt to the southbound ramps at the I-10/Loop 202 Interchange.  All ramps connecting southbound SR 51 to I-10 and the Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) will be closed, along with the ramp from westbound Loop 202 to eastbound I-10.  Drivers are encouraged to exit southbound SR 51 well ahead of the closure and use alternate routes, including 16th and 24th streets.  Drivers who stay on the southbound freeway will have to exit at McDowell Road and go east to southbound 24th Street to reach the eastbound Loop 202 or eastbound I-10 via Washington Street.  Drivers also can use southbound 16th Street to reach westbound I-10.
            � The east and westbound Interstate 10 ramps connecting to northbound I-17 (at the Stack interchange) will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Mar. 28) for pavement repair work.  Traffic will be detoured on northbound 19th and 35th avenues and can enter northbound I-17 via the Thomas Road entrance ramp.  The northbound I-17 exit ramp at Thomas Road will be closed.

            For updated freeway closure and restriction information, visit www.az511.com <http://www.az511.com> or call 5-1-1.

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Michelle Thissell
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 31 12:40 PM
              Scheduled Valley freeway restrictions
              this weekend (April 1-4):
               Construction workers are scheduled to add quieter rubberized asphalt to more sections of Valley freeways this weekend. The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) says several freeway closures are scheduled in the Phoenix area this weekend (April 1-4).  Here are the planned closures:
              � Westbound I-10 will be closed between Ray Road and Elliot Road (in Tempe) from  9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 4) for rubberized asphalt resurfacing.  The primary detour route during this closure will be the eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) to the northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) and westbound US 60 to return to westbound I-10.  While the westbound I-10 exit ramps at Chandler Boulevard and Ray Road will be open, drivers are encouraged to use the Loop 202 detour or another alternate route to avoid anticipated traffic backups.  The ramps from east and westbound Pecos Road/Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) to westbound I-10 also will be closed.  Ahwatukee area drivers affected by the I-10 closure should consider using eastbound Pecos Road to the eastbound Loop 202 and follow the northbound Loop 101/westbound US 60 detour or another alternate route.
              � Northbound I-17 will be closed between 19th Avenue (near the Durango Curve) and Thomas Road from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 4) for rubberized asphalt resurfacing.  The ramps from east and westbound I-10 to northbound I-17 (at the Stack interchange) also will be closed.  Traffic can detour on westbound I-10 to northbound 7th, 19th  or 35th avenues and connect with northbound I-17 via Thomas Road or other cross streets north of Thomas.  Traffic staying on I-17 also can exit at 7th or 19th avenues and go north to Thomas Road or other cross streets north of Thomas in order to return to I-17.  Drivers also should consider using northbound State Route 51 as an alternate route this weekend.
              � Southbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) will be closed between Peoria and Northern avenues from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 4) while crews prepare the freeway for rubberized asphalt resurfacing later this spring.  Traffic exiting at Peoria Avenue will be detoured along southbound 91st Avenue.  Drivers on southbound Loop 101 also should consider using the Grand Avenue/91st Avenue exit in order to use southbound 91st Avenue to travel beyond the freeway closure.  The southbound Loop 101 entrance ramps at Peoria, Grand and Olive avenues will be closed this weekend.
              For updated freeway closure and restriction information, visit www.az511.com <http://www.az511.com> or call 5-1-1.

              Yahoo! Messenger
            • Michelle Thissell
              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 8, 2005
                Scheduled Valley freeway closures
                this weekend (April 8-11)

                 Several Valley freeway closures are scheduled this weekend (April 8-11) for pavement improvement work.  Some of the work involves paving freeways with quieter rubberized asphalt and is subject to change depending on weather conditions.  The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) says the restrictions are scheduled as follows:

                � Westbound I-10 will be closed between Elliot Road and Baseline Road (in Tempe) from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 11) to allow crews to resurface the freeway with quieter rubberized asphalt.  Due to anticipated traffic backups approaching the Elliot Road exit, drivers are encouraged to use the eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) to the northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) and westbound US 60 to return to westbound I-10.  The westbound I-10 entrance ramp at Elliot Road will be closed.

                � Southbound I-17 will be closed between Thomas Road and 19th Avenue (near the Durango Curve) from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 11) for rubberized asphalt resurfacing.  Southbound I-17 drivers are advised to exit the freeway well ahead of the closure point at Thomas Road and use southbound 19th or 35th avenues as alternate routes.  Drivers should also consider using southbound State Route 51 as another alternate route this weekend.  Due to the closure, drivers will not be able to use southbound I-17 ramps to I-10 at the Stack interchange.  The I-10 ramps leading to southbound I-17 at the Stack also will be closed, starting at 8 p.m. Friday.

                � Southbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) will be closed between Bell Road and Thunderbird Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 11) while crews prepare the freeway's surface for rubberized asphalt resurfacing later this spring.  Due to anticipated southbound traffic backups approaching the Bell Road exit, drivers are encouraged to exit the freeway at 75th Avenue and go south before rejoining the southbound Loop 101 at Thunderbird Road or entrances south of Thunderbird.  Southbound Loop 101 traffic exiting at Bell Road or Bell Road traffic trying to enter the southbound freeway can use 83rd or 91st avenues to Thunderbird Road.

                � Northbound Interstate 17 will be narrowed to one lane between Happy Valley Road and the Carefree Highway (State Route 74) from 9 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Saturday (April 9) and from 9 p.m. Saturday to 8 a.m. Sunday (April 10) as work begins on a project to replace the worn out pavement along that stretch of the freeway.  Drivers are encouraged to give themselves extra travel time if they plan to use northbound I-17 during these overnight restrictions.  The overnight work also is scheduled to continue on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights next week (9 p.m.-5 a.m.).  The I-17 pavement replacement project between Happy Valley Road and Daisy Mountain Drive is scheduled to continue through the spring.

                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 14, 2005
                  Driver Alert!  Plan ahead for freeway closures this weekend (April 15-18)
                   Drivers are urged to use alternate routes this weekend (April 15-18) while work continues on several Valley freeway improvement projects. Much of the work involves resurfacing additional sections of freeway with quieter rubberized asphalt.  ADOT says weekend freeway closures are scheduled as follows:
                  � Southbound I-17 will be closed between Thomas Road and Van Buren Street from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 18) for rubberized asphalt resurfacing.  Southbound I-17 drivers are advised to exit the freeway well ahead of the closure point at Thomas Road and use southbound 19th or 35th avenues as alternate routes.  Drivers should also consider using southbound State Route 51 as another alternate route this weekend.  Due to the closure, drivers will not be able to use the southbound I-17 ramps to I-10 at the Stack interchange.  The I-10 ramps leading to southbound I-17 at the Stack also will be closed.
                  � Eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) will be closed between the I-10/SR 51 interchange and Van Buren Street from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 18) while crews add quieter rubberized asphalt and replace bridge deck joints along the freeway.  Drivers are encouraged to use eastbound I-10 as an alternate route to reach the East Valley this weekend.  Drivers also can use eastbound Washington Street and re-enter eastbound Loop 202 at Priest Drive.
                  � Southbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) will be closed between Bell Road and Thunderbird Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 18) while crews prepare the freeway for rubberized asphalt resurfacing later this spring.  Due to anticipated southbound traffic backups approaching the Bell Road exit, drivers are encouraged to exit the freeway at 75th Avenue and go south before rejoining the southbound Loop 101 at Thunderbird Road or entrances south of Thunderbird.  Southbound Loop 101 traffic exiting at Bell Road or Bell Road traffic trying to enter the southbound freeway can use 83rd or 91st avenues to Thunderbird Road.
                  � Northbound Interstate 17 will be narrowed to one lane between Happy Valley Road and the Carefree Highway (State Route 74) from 9 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Saturday (April 16) and from 9 p.m. Saturday to 8 a.m. Sunday (April 17) while crews continue to replace the pavement along that stretch of the freeway.  Southbound I-17 lane restrictions also will be in place at times for construction vehicle access.  Drivers are encouraged to give themselves extra travel time if they plan to use I-17 during these overnight restrictions.  The I-17 pavement replacement project between Happy Valley Road and Daisy Mountain Drive is scheduled to continue through the spring.
                  � The ramp connecting westbound Loop 202 to eastbound I-10 (at the I-10/SR 51 interchange) will be closed from 6 a.m. Sunday (April 17) to 5 a.m. Monday (April 18) for rubberized asphalt resurfacing.  Drivers who would normally use this ramp should instead exit westbound Loop 202 at 24th Street and enter eastbound I-10 via Washington Street.
                  � Westbound Interstate 10 will be narrowed to one lane between Baseline Road and Southern Avenue (near the US 60 interchange) from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (April 16) for maintenance work on an overhead electronic message sign.  Westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) also will be narrowed to one lane between Mill Avenue and I-10 during this overnight work.
                  � Westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) will be closed between Van Buren Street and 24th Street from 5:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. Saturday (April 16) for pavement inspection work.  Traffic can exit westbound Loop 202 at Center Parkway or Van Buren Street and use westbound Washington or Van Buren streets as alternate routes.  East Valley drivers should also consider using westbound US 60 and I-10 as another route to downtown Phoenix while the Saturday morning closure of westbound Loop 202 is in place. The ramps connecting north and southbound State Route 143 (Hohokam Expressway) to westbound Loop 202 also will be closed.

                  For updated freeway closure and restriction information, visit www.az511.com or call 5-1-1.

                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                • Michelle Thissell
                  Message 8 of 18 , May 13, 2005

                    Weekend Freeway Closures (May 13-16): Drivers urged to use alternate routes

                    Several sections of Valley freeways will be closed this weekend for construction work, including rubberized asphalt paving. The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is recommending that drivers to use alternate routes or adjust travel times to avoid the following closures or lane restrictions this weekend:

                    The Superstition Freeway (US 60) will be closed in both directions at Val Vista Drive in Mesa from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 16) for the bridge expansion project at the Val Vista interchange. Crews will remove construction forms, install signs and do other finishing work, including painting and lane striping. US 60 traffic will be detoured along the exit and entrance ramps at Val Vista Drive. North and southbound Val Vista Drive will be closed at US 60 to allow freeway traffic to flow freely along the interchange ramps. Drivers are encouraged to avoid backups by exiting US 60 well ahead of Val Vista Drive and using nearby cross streets to travel beyond the closure. Drivers might also consider the Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) as an alternate route.

                    The northbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) in the West Valley will be closed between Indian School Road and Northern Avenue from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 16) while crews add a layer of quieter rubberized asphalt to the freeway. Drivers are encouraged to exit the northbound freeway well ahead of the closure at Indian School Road. Traffic will be detoured on northbound 91st and 99th avenues and drivers will be able to re-enter the Loop 101 at Northern or Olive avenues.

                    At the I-10/SR 51 interchange in Phoenix, the ramps from southbound SR 51 and westbound Loop 202 connecting to eastbound I-10 will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 16) for rubberized asphalt work. The southbound SR 51 carpool (HOV) ramp to eastbound I-10 also will be closed, as will the eastbound I-10 entrance ramp from McDowell Road. Drivers can use 16th or 24th streets to reach eastbound I-10 via Washington and Jefferson streets.

                    The two ramps that connect the Loop 101 (Price Freeway) and the Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) in Chandler will be closed from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Saturday (May 14) for rubberized asphalt paving. Drivers who normally would use the southbound Loop 101 to westbound Loop 202 ramp or the eastbound Loop 202 to northbound Loop 101 ramp will need to use alternate routes, including Price Road to travel beyond the ramp closures.

                    The Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) exit and entrance ramps at Price Road in Chandler will be closed from 11:30 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 16) for rubberized asphalt paving. Drivers should consider using the Loop 202 ramps at McClintock Drive instead while the Price Road ramps are closed.

                    **

                    For a complete listing of freeway and highway closures and restrictions around the Valley and across Arizona, visit www.az511.com <http://www.az511.com> or call 5-1-1 or log on to www.azdot.gov .

                    Yahoo! Mail
                  • Michelle Thissell
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 3, 2005

                      Weekend freeway closures or restrictions in the Phoenix area

                      (June 3-6)

                      Crews will resume work to add quieter rubberized asphalt to sections of the Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) in the Northwest Valley this weekend. Drivers are urged to use alternate routes to avoid traffic backups. The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) says freeway work is scheduled in the following areas:

                      ·

                      Northbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) will be closed between Thunderbird Road and Union Hills Drive from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Sunday (June 5) for rubberized asphalt paving. Drivers are encouraged to avoid traffic backups by exiting the freeway in advance of the closure at Thunderbird Road and using northbound 75th Avenue as an alternate route.

                      ·

                      Meanwhile, southbound Loop 101 will be closed between Union Hills Drive and Thunderbird Road from 9 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 6) for rubberized asphalt paving. As with the northbound closure listed above, southbound Loop 101 drivers are encouraged to exit the freeway ahead of the closure at Union Hills Drive. 75th Avenue is the recommended southbound alternate route to travel beyond the closure.

                      ·

                      Westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) will be narrowed to three lanes at Gilbert Road from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 6) for work on the new pedestrian walkways being added as part of the Gilbert Road bridge widening project. The left two lanes along westbound US 60, including the carpool lane, will be closed approaching Gilbert Road. Drivers are urged to give themselves extra time to travel through the area due to merging traffic or use the Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway as an alternate westbound route this weekend.

                      ·

                      The right lane along southbound I-17 will be closed between Thunderbird and Cactus Roads from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 6) for paving work as part of the project to add merge lanes, sound walls and other improvements to I-17 between Peoria Avenue and Greenway Road. Drivers are urged to slow down and obey traffic control signs through the work zone. The southbound I-17 entrance ramp at Thunderbird Road and southbound exit ramp at Cactus Road are closed to traffic for a few weeks for reconstruction work.

                      For a complete listing of freeway and highway closures and restrictions across the state, log on at www.az511.com <http://www.az511.com> or call 5-1-1.

                      Discover Yahoo!
                    • Michelle Thissell
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 16, 2005

                        Phoenix area weekend freeway closures (June 17-20); drivers urged to use alternate routes

                        Rubberized asphalt paving and a City of Phoenix project to add a pedestrian bridge over I-17 will close sections of Valley freeways this weekend. The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) encourages drivers to use alternate routes while the following closures are in place:

                        ·

                        Interstate 17 will be closed in both directions between Bethany Home Road and Glendale Avenue from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 20) while crews install sections of a new pedestrian bridge above the freeway at Maryland Avenue. The north and southbound I-17 frontage roads also will be closed between Bethany Home Road and Glendale Avenue. Drivers are encouraged to exit the freeway well in advance of the closure points and use 19th or 35th avenues as alternate routes. The City of Phoenix is installing the bridge, which is the city’s first I-17 pedestrian and bicyclist overpass. Similar restrictions are scheduled next weekend (June 24-27) to allow crews to pave the pedestrian bridge deck.

                        · Southbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) will be closed between Northern Avenue and Thomas Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 20) while crews add quieter rubberized asphalt to the freeway. Traffic will be detoured on southbound 99th Avenue. Southbound Loop 101 also will be narrowed to one lane between Thunderbird Road and Northern Avenue from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Saturday (June 18) while crews complete the resurfacing of the freeway’s left lane in that area. Drivers should consider using alternate routes, including southbound 75th Avenue, to avoid traffic backups.

                        ·

                        Westbound Loop 101 in north Phoenix will be closed between 27th and 51st avenues from 4 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 20) to allow crews to adjust the lane striping and do other maintenance work. Traffic will be detoured along the freeway’s westbound frontage road. The ramps from north and southbound I-17 to westbound Loop 101 also will be closed. Drivers should also consider using other alternate routes such as Bell Road or Union Hills Drive.

                        ·

                        Westbound I-10 will be closed between 7th Street and 7th Avenue from 11 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (June 19) for maintenance work inside the Deck Park Tunnel. Traffic will be detoured along westbound McDowell Road and reconnect with westbound I-10 at 7th Avenue. However, drivers also should consider using northbound I-17 starting at the "Split" interchange near Sky Harbor Airport and reconnect with westbound I-10 at the Stack near McDowell Road.

                        For a complete listing of freeway and highway closures and restrictions around the Valley and across Arizona, visit www.az511.com or call 5-1-1.

                        Discover Yahoo!
                      • Michelle Thissell
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 23, 2005

                          Valley freeway closures scheduled this weekend (June 24-27); alternate routes recommended

                          Several sections of Phoenix area freeways will be closed this weekend (June 24-27) for construction work, including rubberized asphalt paving. The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) encourages drivers to use alternate routes while the following closures are in place:

                          ·

                          Interstate 17 will be closed in both directions between Bethany Home Road and Glendale Avenue from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 27) for a City of Phoenix pedestrian bridge project. Crews will pour the concrete deck for the new bridge over the freeway at Maryland Avenue. The north and southbound I-17 frontage roads also will be closed between Bethany Home Road and Glendale Avenue. Drivers are encouraged to exit the freeway well in advance of the closure points and use 19th or 35th avenues as alternate routes. The City of Phoenix is installing the bridge, which is the city’s first I-17 pedestrian and bicyclist overpass.

                          · US 60 (Superstition Freeway) will be closed in both directions at Gilbert Road from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 27) for bridge work. Traffic will be detoured along the exit and entrance ramps at the Gilbert Road interchange. Drivers should also consider exiting the freeway in advance of the closure to use nearby streets to travel beyond the work zone. Gilbert Road will be closed in both directions at US 60. The eastbound US 60 entrance ramp at Stapley Drive and westbound entrance ramp at Val Vista Drive also will be closed. Crews have been working to add new left turn lanes on the Gilbert Road bridge over US 60 while adding two new pedestrian crossings next to the main bridge structure.

                          ·

                          Southbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) will be closed between Northern Avenue and Thomas Road from 4 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday (June 25) for freeway deck joint work. Traffic will be detoured on southbound 91st and 99th avenues. Southbound Loop 101 also will be narrowed to one or two lanes at times between Thunderbird Road and Northern Avenue from 4 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 27) while crews complete the resurfacing of the freeway’s left lane in that area. Drivers should consider using alternate routes, including southbound 75th Avenue, to avoid traffic backups.

                          ·

                          Eastbound Interstate 10 will be closed at 35th Avenue from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (June 25) for maintenance work on an overhead message board. Traffic will be detoured along the exit and entrance ramps at 35th Avenue. Drivers should also consider exiting the freeway ahead of the closure and using alternate routes, including McDowell Road, to travel beyond the closure.

                          ·

                          The intersection of Grand Avenue, Glendale Avenue and 59th Avenue is closed until November for construction of a bridge to carry Glendale and 59th avenues over a new Grand Avenue underpass. Access to downtown Glendale is being maintained on local streets. Through traffic on Grand Avenue is using 51st and 67th avenues as primary alternate routes.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 21, 2005

                            Weekend freeway closures in Phoenix area (July 22-25); northbound Loop 101 closed at Loop 202 in Tempe area

                            Several Phoenix area freeways are scheduled to be closed over the weekend for improvement work. The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) says drivers should consider using alternate routes while the following closures are in place:

                            ·

                            The northbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) will be closed between the Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) and McKellips Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 25) while crews replace bridge deck joints. Ramps from east and westbound Loop 202 to northbound Loop 101 also will be closed. The ramps from the northbound Loop 101 to east and westbound Loop 202 will remain open. Drivers are encouraged to exit the northbound Loop 101 ahead of University Drive and use alternate routes to avoid traffic backups. Northbound Loop 101 traffic also can exit and go west on University Drive, then north on McClintock/Hayden Road and east on McKellips to reconnect with the Loop 101. Loop 202 drivers who normally would use the ramps to northbound Loop 101 should use McClintock Drive or Alma School Road as alternate routes to reach the Loop 101 via McKellips Road.

                            ·

                            Southbound State Route 51 (Piestewa Freeway) will be closed between McDowell Road and Interstate 10 from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Saturday (July 23) for expansion joint maintenance and lane striping work. Drivers are encouraged to exit southbound SR 51 well ahead of the closure and use southbound 16th or 24th streets as alternate routes to reach I-10 or the Loop 202. Drivers who do not exit early will have to exit southbound SR 51 at McDowell Road and use southbound 16th or 24th streets as alternate routes. Eastbound I-10 can be accessed via Washington/Jefferson streets. Drivers going to Sky Harbor Airport can access the airport via 24th Street.

                            ·

                            The eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) between Greenfield and Power roads and westbound Loop 202 between Power and Higley roads will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday and again from 9 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday. The overnight closures are needed for permanent lane striping on the freeway’s rubberized asphalt pavement. Westbound traffic will be detoured around the freeway closure on Thomas Road between Power and Higley roads while eastbound traffic will be detoured on McDowell Road between Greenfield and Power roads.

                            ·

                            The ramp from eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) to southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) will be narrowed to one lane from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday (July 23) while crews maintain the lights in the short tunnel beneath McClintock Drive. Drivers are urged to use caution in the area and watch for work crews and equipment.

                            For a complete listing of freeway and highway closures and restrictions around Arizona, call 5-1-1 or visit www.az511.com

                            http://mail.yahoo.com

                          • Michelle Thissell
                            Message 13 of 18 , Aug 11, 2005

                              Weekend freeway closures in Phoenix area (Aug. 12-15); Loop 101 closed in two locations

                              Several Phoenix area freeways are scheduled to be closed over the weekend (Aug. 12-15) for improvement work (weather permitting). The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) says drivers should consider using alternate routes while the following closures are in place:

                              ·

                              The northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) will be closed at the Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug.15) while crews replace bridge deck joints prior to future rubberized asphalt paving. All ramps connecting the Loop 101 and Loop 202 freeways will be open this weekend. Northbound Loop 101 traffic will be detoured on the eastbound Loop 202 to Dobson Road. After exiting at Dobson, drivers will go north under the freeway, use the westbound Loop 202 entrance ramp and go west to reconnect with the northbound Loop 101. The ramp from the Rio Salado Parkway to northbound Loop 101 will be closed. Drivers are encouraged to use alternate routes to avoid traffic backups.

                              ·

                              The westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) will be closed between Scottsdale Road and Tatum Boulevard in north Phoenix from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 15) while crews resurface the freeway with rubberized asphalt. Drivers are encouraged to exit the freeway ahead of Scottsdale Road and use alternate routes. Westbound Loop 101 traffic exiting at Scottsdale Road can use Bell Road or Pinnacle Peak Road as detour routes before re-entering the freeway at Tatum Boulevard.

                              ·

                              Southbound State Route 51 (Piestewa Freeway) will be closed between McDowell Road and Interstate 10 from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Saturday (July 30) for expansion joint maintenance and lane striping work. Drivers are encouraged to exit southbound SR 51 well ahead of the closure and use southbound 16th or 24th streets as alternate routes to reach I-10 or the Loop 202. Drivers who do not exit early will have to exit southbound SR 51 at McDowell Road and use southbound 16th or 24th streets as alternate routes. Eastbound I-10 can be accessed via Washington/Jefferson streets. Drivers going to Sky Harbor Airport can access the airport via 24th Street.

                              ·

                              Northbound State Route 51 will be closed between Greenway Road and Bell Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (Aug. 13) for maintenance of an overhead message board. Traffic will exit at Greenway Road and use either 32nd or 40th streets as alternate routes beyond the closure. Drivers can return to northbound SR 51 at Bell Road.

                              For a complete listing of highway and freeway closures and restrictions across Arizona, visit www.az511.com <http://www.az511.com> or call 5-1-1.

                            • Michelle Thissell
                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 8, 2005

                                Weekend freeway closures in Phoenix area (Sept. 9-12)

                                The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) says Valley drivers should use alternate routes while the following closures are in place:

                                · The northbound Loop 101 Pima Freeway will be closed between the Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway and McKellips Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 12) while crews pave rubberized asphalt.

                                · The ramps connecting the Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway to northbound Loop 101 Pima Freeway also will be closed at 9 p.m. Friday (Sept. 9). The ramps will reopen Saturday night (Sept. 10) prior to the end of the ASU football game. Traffic leaving Sun Devil Stadium will be able to go east on Loop 202 and then head north on Loop 101.

                                · In east Mesa, the eastbound Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway between Greenfield and Power roads and westbound Loop 202 between Power and Higley roads will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday (Sept. 10) and again from 9 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday (Sept. 11) while crews apply the permanent lane striping on the freeway. Drivers can use McDowell and Thomas roads as alternate routes.

                                · In east Mesa, the ramp from eastbound US 60 Superstition to southbound Loop 202 Santan Freeway will be closed from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday (Sept. 10). Drivers should exit US 60 at Sossaman or Ellsworth roads and use those streets to head south.

                                · In central Phoenix, Westbound I-10 will be closed between the I-17 split and Buckeye Road near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (Sept. 10) while crews work on overhead signs.

                                · In central Phoenix, Eastbound I-10 will be closed between 7th Avenue and SR 51 from 11 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Sept. 11) for maintenance work inside the Deck Park Tunnel and for maintenance work on overhead signs along I-10. Drivers should use McDowell Road as an alternate route.

                                Call 5-1-1 or visit www.az511.com <http://www.az511.com> for more information about work on Valley freeways this weekend.