Canton of Thunar

  • adelaidehamilton
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 5 8:18 AM
      Greetings Good Populace

      Lord Charles and I hope all that attended Imperial War made it home
      safely and without incident.

      We enjoyed ourself to the point of exhaustion and assume everyone did
      the same. Therefore, we are postponing Thunar one week to give
      everyone time to recouperate so they can be their best at tournament.

      Please join us on September 12 and be prepared for an unusual and
      exciting tournament.

      In Service to the Their Majesties

      Lady Adelaide Brianna (Ironchest) Hamilton of Limerick
      Vicerene of Thunar
    • liam_lust
      Message 2 of 26 , Jan 1, 2008
        The Canton of Thunar Tournement on Jan 2nd 2008, has been cancelled due
        to the City of Phoenix Parks Dept failing to contact the Kingdom of
        Umbria regading the park fee contract...

        Sir Liam Lust
        REX
      • adelaidehamilton
        Message 3 of 26 , Apr 1, 2008
          Good and Gentle People of Umbria:

          Wednesday, April 2, 2008, there will be the Thunar Tournament at
          Encanto Park.

          Be advised that there is a rumor of leftovers being donated by the
          fabled Easter Bunny to make the fighting more interesting. Please be
          prompt. If you show up late you may lose your chance at a resurrection.

          We can say no more.

          Lord Charles (Ironchest) of Limerick
          Viceroy of the Canton of Thunar

          Lady Adelaide Brianna Hamilton of Limerick (aka Mrs. Ironchest)
          Vicerene of the Canton of Thunar
        • adelaidehamilton
          Message 4 of 26 , May 5, 2008
            Due to the reseeding of Encanto Park, as His Majesty stated, The
            Canton of Thunar will be held at La Pradera Park on the Southwest
            corner of 39th Ave and Glendale Ave, west side of the park off of 41st
            Ave and Glendale.

            Lord Charles and I look forward to seeing you there. Thunar will
            begin promptly at 7:00.

            Yours In Service,

            Adelaide Brianna Hamilton (Ironchest)Of Limerick
            Vicerene of Thunar
          • adelaidehamilton
            Message 5 of 26 , Jun 3, 2008
              Good Populace of Umbria

              The Canton of Thunar will be held tomorrow evening at La Pradera
              Park. If memory serves me correctly it is 39th Avenue and Glendale.
              Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

              Hope to see everyone tomorrow for good fighting and retelling of war
              stories.

              In Service to the Crowns of Umbria

              Lady Adelaide Brianna Hamilton (Ironchest) of Limerick
              Vicerene of Thunar
            • Cocah Anatolii
              Message 6 of 26 , Jun 4, 2008
                Also, to let everyone know we have obtained additional lighting for tonights event. Hopefully, it will work.

                From: adelaidehamilton <j_dubow@...>
                Subject: [Adria-Umbria] Canton of Thunar
                To: Adria-Umbria@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 4:44 PM

                Good Populace of Umbria

                Message 7 of 26 , Aug 3, 2008
                  Good Populace of Umbria:

                  The Canton of Thunar will be held this Wednesday, August 6, at La
                  Pradera park. We would like sign-in to begin at 7 p.m. so we can
                  start the combat scenarios by 7:30 at the latest.

                  A note about the September Thunar:

                  September's Thunar will be held a week later than normal, September
                  10th, so we can all recover from Imperial War and be at out best.

                  Their Majesties have given us permission to move Thunar to a
                  different location so we may endevor to attract new blood, errr,
                  ummm I mean, prospective members to Umbria.

                  So, on September 10th the Canton of Thunar will be held at Sunnyside
                  Park which is located on the NE corner of 63rd Avenue and Cholla.
                  Cholla is the 1/2 mile street between Peoria and Cactus. Take 59th
                  Avenue to Cholla and head west.

                  As of now this is a one time move. However, if all goes well, we
                  may have a traveling Canton.

                  If you have any questions or comments about the location of
                  September's Thunar contact Sir Errand, it was his idea!!! (Just
                  kidding)

                  We look forward to seeing everyone.

                  Yours in Service to the Mighty Crowns of Umbria

                  Lord Charles of Limerick and
                  Lady Adelaide Brianna Hamilton
                  Viceory and Vicerene of The Canton of Thunar
                • Christina
                  Message 8 of 26 , Aug 3, 2008
                    Where is La Pradera Park located?
                    Thanks
                    Dame Aislynne

                    --- In Adria-Umbria@yahoogroups.com, "adelaidehamilton"
                    <j_dubow@...> wrote:

                    > Good Populace of Umbria:
                    >
                    > The Canton of Thunar will be held this Wednesday, August 6, at La
                    > Pradera park. We would like sign-in to begin at 7 p.m. so we can
                    > start the combat scenarios by 7:30 at the latest.
                    >
                    > A note about the September Thunar:
                    >
                    > September's Thunar will be held a week later than normal,
                    September
                    > 10th, so we can all recover from Imperial War and be at out best.
                    >
                    > Their Majesties have given us permission to move Thunar to a
                    > different location so we may endevor to attract new blood, errr,
                    > ummm I mean, prospective members to Umbria.
                    >
                    > So, on September 10th the Canton of Thunar will be held at
                    Sunnyside
                    > Park which is located on the NE corner of 63rd Avenue and Cholla.
                    > Cholla is the 1/2 mile street between Peoria and Cactus. Take
                    59th
                    > Avenue to Cholla and head west.
                    >
                    > As of now this is a one time move. However, if all goes well, we
                    > may have a traveling Canton.
                    >
                    > If you have any questions or comments about the location of
                    > September's Thunar contact Sir Errand, it was his idea!!! (Just
                    > kidding)
                    >
                    > We look forward to seeing everyone.
                    >
                    > Yours in Service to the Mighty Crowns of Umbria
                    >
                    > Lord Charles of Limerick and
                    > Lady Adelaide Brianna Hamilton
                    > Viceory and Vicerene of The Canton of Thunar

                  • Sherrie
                    Message 9 of 26 , Aug 4, 2008
                      Your Grace,
                      La Pradera Park is located on the Southeast corner of 39th Avenue and
                      Glendale. We play approximately 1/2 block from the corner.

                      In Service to the Kingdom,
                      Dame Shahara of Lion's Court

                      --- In Adria-Umbria@yahoogroups.com, "Christina" <ladyaislynne@...>

                        Message 11 of 26 , Sep 28 6:47 PM
                          Greetings Good Populace:

                          Just a quick note to let you know that Thunar will be held this
                          Wednesday, October 1 at La Pradera Park.

                          Come one, come all. Let's have some fun!

                          In Service to the Crowns of Umbria,

                          Lord Charles, Viceroy
                          Lady Adelaide, Vicerene
                        • adelaidehamilton
                          Message 12 of 26 , Mar 3, 2009
                            Good Populace of Umbria:

                            As was announced at the Holy War this past weekend, the date for Thunar has been moved to March 18. Same time in the eve, same location, just a different date.

                            We hope to see all your smiling faces there to welcome our poor, homesick Etoille home for a visit.

                            Yours In Service,

                            Lord Charles of Limerick
                            Viceroy of Thunar
                            Message 13 of 26 , Mar 29, 2009
                              Greetngs Good Populace:

                              We arrived safely home from the Duello (more on that later) and it occurred to us that We should remind you that the Canton of Thunar will take place this coming Wednesday, April 1st at 7:30 p.m. at La Pradera Park.

                              Yours In Service

                              Message 14 of 26 , Aug 3, 2009
                                The Canton of Thunar will be held this Wednesday, August 5th,at La Pradera Park. Sign in will begin at 7:00 p.m. and the tourney will begin at 7:30. p.m.

                                Be prepared to form an alliance.

                                PLEASE BE BRING WATER!!!

                                Directions to La Pradera Park: Located at 41st Avenue and Glendale Ave. in Phoenix, AZ, southeast corner. From I-17, exit on Glendale, and turn west. Last major light is 35th Avenue; Pass through the 39th Avenue light and turn left at 41st Ave. Event is usually held on the 41st Avenue (Northwest corner) side of the park. If coming in from the western side of town, 43rd Avenue is the last major light; turn right at the light for 41st Avenue. Can't miss the garbed crowd!

                                Yours In Service,

                                Message 15 of 26 , Aug 4, 2009
                                  Thank you Lady Adelaide! FYI, we are working on an arts entry to bring; hopefully it will be ready in time. :)

                                  --- In Adria-Umbria@yahoogroups.com, "adelaidehamilton" <j_dubow@...> wrote:

                                  > The Canton of Thunar will be held this Wednesday, August 5th,at La Pradera Park. Sign in will begin at 7:00 p.m. and the tourney will begin at 7:30. p.m.
                                  >
                                  > Be prepared to form an alliance.
                                  >
                                  > PLEASE BE BRING WATER!!!
                                  >
                                  > Directions to La Pradera Park: Located at 41st Avenue and Glendale Ave. in Phoenix, AZ, southeast corner. From I-17, exit on Glendale, and turn west. Last major light is 35th Avenue; Pass through the 39th Avenue light and turn left at 41st Ave. Event is usually held on the 41st Avenue (Northwest corner) side of the park. If coming in from the western side of town, 43rd Avenue is the last major light; turn right at the light for 41st Avenue. Can't miss the garbed crowd!
                                  >
                                  > Yours In Service,
                                  >
                                  > Lady Adelaide Brianna Hamilton of Limerick
                                  > Vicerene of Thunar

                                • adelaidehamilton
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Aug 17, 2009
                                    The date for the September Canton of Thunar has been changed, the location has not. Thunar will now be held on September 9th because everyone will be preparing for Imperial War on the regularly scheduled date.

                                    Barring unforeseen events the October Thunar will take place on the regular date, the first Wednesday of the month, that being October 7th.

                                    Please pass this missive on to anyone you know that regularly attends Thunar but does not have internet access.

                                    Yours In Service,

                                    Lady Adelaide Brianna Hamilton of Limerick
                                    Vicerent of Thunar
                                  • Sherrie G
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Aug 18, 2009
                                      Are we doing anything special for the October event?
                                      It is close to All Hallows Eve.  Some of us would need preparation time.

                                      Dame Shahara

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Aug 18, 2009
                                        Hmmm. I will speak to Lord Charles.  He's always good for a "little" mischief making.

                                        To: Adria-Umbria@yahoogroups.com
                                        From: shaharadestiny@...
                                        Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:59:19 -0700
                                        Subject: Re: [Adria-Umbria] Canton of Thunar

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Oct 17, 2009
                                          The October Canton of Thunar will be held at La Pradera Park on October 21. Lord Charles and I apologize for the confusion over the past week but plead exhaustion as we were still a little frazzled from the Feast at National Steel and had not fully recouperated.

                                          Sign-in will begin at 7:00 p.m. and the tournament will begin at 7:30 p.m.

                                          Humbly,

                                          Lord Charles
                                          Viceroy

                                          Lady Adelaide
                                          Vicerene

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Feb 7, 2010
                                            Weather permitting Thunar has been rescheduled to Wednesday, February 10. Sign-in begins at 7:00 tournament begins at 7:30. The weather forecast says rain on Wednesday, but hopefully that will change.

                                            Directions to La Pradera Park: Located at 41st Avenue and Glendale Ave. in Phoenix, AZ, southeast corner. From I-17, exit on Glendale, and turn west. Last major light is 35th Avenue; Pass through the 39th Avenue light and turn left at 41st Ave. Event is usually held on the 41st Avenue (Northwest corner) side of the park. If coming in from the western side of town, 43rd Avenue is the last major light; turn right at the light for 41st Avenue. Can't miss the garbed crowd.

                                            On behalf of Sir Charles
                                            Viceroy of the Canton of Thunar