Weekend Freeway Closures (June 1 - 4)

  • Michelle Thissell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2007
      Phoenix area weekend freeway closures (June 1-4); Eastbound I-10 closed at Broadway Curve

                  Valley freeways will be closed or narrowed in several areas this weekend (June 1-4) while crews make improvements, including resurfacing eastbound I-10 at the Broadway Curve with quieter rubberized asphalt.  The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) encourages drivers to use alternate routes when possible while the following freeway restrictions are in place:

      • Eastbound Interstate 10 closed between 48th Street and Baseline Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 4) for rubberized asphalt paving.  The ramp from eastbound I-10 to eastbound US 60 also closed.  The ramp from southbound SR 143 to eastbound I-10 closed.  Eastbound I-10 traffic will be detoured south on 48th Street and east on Baseline Road to reconnect with the freeway.  ADOT recommends drivers consider alternate routes to avoid traffic backups along I-10.  Eastbound I-10 drivers traveling in the downtown Phoenix area can use eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) to southbound Loop 101 and reconnect with I-10 via the westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) in Chandler .

      • Eastbound Interstate 10 closed between 7th Avenue and 7th Street from 11 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (June 3) for cleaning and maintenance in the Deck Park Tunnel.  Eastbound I-10 traffic will exit at 7th Avenue , go east on McDowell Road and return to I-10 at 7th Street .  Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 19th and 7th avenues closed.  Drivers also should consider using alternate routes to avoid this overnight closure as well as the eastbound I-10 closure between 48th Street and Baseline Road (see item above).

      • Westbound US 60 ramp to eastbound I-10 ( Tempe area) closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 4) for rubberized asphalt paving.  Drivers who normally use this ramp can instead go south on Loop 101 to westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) in the Chandler area to reach I-10.

      • Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to two lanes (right three lanes closed) between 83rd and 67th avenues from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (June 2) for lane striping on the freeway’s new rubberized asphalt surface.  Eastbound    I-10 ramps between 83rd and 67th avenues closed.  Drivers should plan on extra travel time and be prepared to merge safely when approaching this work zone.

      For a complete listing of freeway and highway closures or restrictions across Arizona visit ADOT’s Travel Information site at www.az511.com or call 5-1-1.

      Don't Trash AZ !

      Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.