Weekend Freeway Closures and Restrictions (March 2-5)

  • Michelle Thissell
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2007
      Weekend freeway restrictions in Phoenix area (March 2-5)  Use alternate routes if possible

                  Several improvement projects will require freeway closures or restrictions in the Phoenix area this weekend (March 2-5).  The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is encouraging drivers to use alternate routes or schedule extra travel time while the following restrictions are in place:

      • Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed between Broadway Road and the Rio Salado Parkway in Tempe from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 5) for METRO light rail bridge work.  Traffic will be detoured onto frontage roads.  US 60 ramps to northbound Loop 101 closed.  Loop 202 ramps to southbound Loop 101 closed.  Westbound US 60 on ramp at Alma School Road closed.  Apache Boulevard closed in both directions at Loop 101 (right turns only).  Drivers encouraged to use alternate routes, including Dobson Road , if possible.
      • Eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) narrowed to one lane between the Loop 202 interchange and Crismon Road (in East Mesa) from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 5) for rubberized asphalt resurfacing.  Eastbound US 60 on ramp at Ellsworth Road also closed.  Drivers encouraged to give themselves extra travel time.  Use alternate routes if possible.
      • Eastbound I-10 narrowed to three lanes between 24th and 40th streets from 9 p.m. Friday to 11 a.m. Saturday (March 3) for pavement repair work.  Eastbound I-10 on and off ramps at 32nd St. and off ramp at 40th St. also closed.
      Eastbound I-10 narrowed to three lanes between 40th Street and Broadway Road from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (March 4) for pavement repair work.  Eastbound I-10 on ramp at 40th St. and exit ramp at 48th St . / Broadway Road closed.

      • Eastbound I-10 narrowed to three lanes (right two lanes closed) between 83rd and 67th avenues from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (March 3) for pavement repair work.  Eastbound I-10 on ramp at 83rd Avenue closed.  Drivers should use caution and be prepared to merge safely approaching the work zone.
      For a complete list of highway and freeway closures or restrictions across Arizona visit ADOTÂ’s Travel Information Site at www.az511.com or call 5-1-1.