Weekend freeway closures

  • Michelle Thissell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2006
      Weekend freeway closures in Valley (June 2-5); drivers urged to use alternate routes when possible
      Improvement projects will require some closures or lane restrictions on Valley freeways this weekend (June 2-5). The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is urging drivers to use alternate routes if possible to avoid traffic backups while the following work is taking place:
      ·
      Eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) narrowed to two left lanes between Van Buren St. and McClintock Dr. in the Tempe area from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 15) for expansion joint work and lane striping. Eastbound Loop 202 ramps between the SR 143/Sky Harbor Blvd. on ramp and Scottsdale Rd. on ramp will be closed. Drivers should consider using eastbound I-10 and US 60 as an alternate freeway route to the East Valley this weekend.
      ·
      Southbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria) in the West Valley closed between Glendale Ave. and Camelback Rd. from 2 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday (June 3) for work on the new Maryland Ave. overpass. Northbound Loop 101 also narrowed to one lane between Camelback and Glendale (2 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturday). Drivers should give themselves extra travel time and consider using 91st or 99th avenues as alternate north-south routes in the area.
      ·
      Westbound US 60 (Superstition) right two lanes closed between Val Vista Dr. and Gilbert Rd. from 4 a.m. Saturday to 8 p.m. Sunday (June 4) for freeway widening work. Eastbound US 60 right two lanes closed between Higley Rd. and Superstition Springs Blvd. from 10 p.m. Friday to 12 p.m. (noon) Saturday (June 3) for freeway widening. Drivers should give themselves extra travel time and be prepared to merge safely in the work zones.
      ·
      Eastbound I-10 closed at the Loop 101 (Agua Fria) in the West Valley from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (noon) Sunday (June 4) for overhead power line maintenance. The southbound Loop 101 ramp to eastbound I-10 and westbound I-10 ramp to northbound Loop 101 also closed. Traffic will be detoured on the eastbound I-10 frontage road and local streets.
      ·
      Westbound I-10 right two lanes closed between 7th Street and 7th Avenue from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday (June 3) for Deck Park Tunnel maintenance. Westbound I-10 on ramp at 7th St. closed. Drivers are asked to use caution in the work zone and be prepared to merge safely.
      For a complete listing of freeway and highway closures and restrictions across Arizona, visit ADOT’s Travel Information site at www.az511.com <http://www.az511.com> or call 5-1-1.