Weekend freeway restrictions in Phoenix area (December 2-4)
- Weekend freeway restrictions in Phoenix area (December 2-4)If you're going to be out and about this weekend, the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) encourages you to watch for the following freeway restrictions and use alternate routes to avoid them:
- Eastbound Interstate 10 will be closed between Washington Street and the I-17 "Split" interchange near Sky Harbor Airport from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday (Dec. 3) for overhead sign installation work. Eastbound I-10 traffic will exit at Washington Street, then east on Jefferson Street and south on 24th Street to return to eastbound I-10. Drivers on eastbound I-10 also can avoid this overnight closure by detouring onto southbound I-17 at the Stack interchange (east of 27th Ave.) and reconnecting with I-10 near Sky Harbor Airport.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 will be closed between 7th Avenue and 7th Street from 11 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Dec. 4) for maintenance work and cleaning inside the Deck Park Tunnel. Eastbound I-10 traffic will exit the freeway at 7th Avenue and use eastbound McDowell Road before returning to I-10 on 7th Street. Drivers also should consider using southbound I-17 as a detour route that reconnects with eastbound I-10 near Sky Harbor Airport.
- The right lane of northbound Interstate 17 will be closed between Adams Street and Interstate 10 from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday (Dec. 3) for guardrail repair work. The northbound I-17 ramps to east and westbound I-10 (at the Stack interchange) also will be closed. The right lane of southbound I-17 will be closed between McDowell Road and Van Buren Street (6 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday). The southbound I-17 entrance ramp at McDowell Road will be closed. Drivers should use nearby interchanges to detour around the ramp closures.
- The eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) ramp to the southbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) in east Mesa will be closed from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday (Dec. 3) for construction work. Drivers should use southbound Sossaman or Ellsworth roads to Baseline Road as an alternate route to reach the southbound Loop 202.
For a complete listing of freeway and highway restrictions across Arizona, visit www.az511.com or call 5-1-1. Please buckle up, slow down and drive with caution during the busy holiday season.
- The northbound Interstate 17 exit ramp to Yorkshire Drive will be closed from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday (Dec. 3) for light repair work. Drivers should use alternate routes, including the exit at Union Hills Drive, while the Yorkshire Drive ramp is closed.
Single? There's someone we'd like you to meet.
Lots of someones, actually. Yahoo! Personals