Weekend freeway restrictions in Phoenix area (December 2-4)

  • Michelle Thissell
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005
      Weekend freeway restrictions in Phoenix area (December 2-4)

                  If you're going to be out and about this weekend, the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) encourages you to watch for the following freeway restrictions and use alternate routes to avoid them:

      • Eastbound Interstate 10 will be closed between Washington Street and the   I-17 "Split" interchange near Sky Harbor Airport from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday (Dec. 3) for overhead sign installation work.  Eastbound I-10 traffic will exit at Washington Street, then east on Jefferson Street and south on 24th Street to return to eastbound I-10.  Drivers on eastbound I-10 also can avoid this overnight closure by detouring onto southbound I-17 at the Stack interchange (east of 27th Ave.) and reconnecting with I-10 near Sky Harbor Airport.

      • Eastbound Interstate 10 will be closed between 7th Avenue and 7th Street from 11 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Dec. 4) for maintenance work and cleaning inside the Deck Park Tunnel.  Eastbound I-10 traffic will exit the freeway at 7th Avenue and use eastbound McDowell Road before returning to I-10 on 7th Street.  Drivers also should consider using southbound I-17 as a detour route that reconnects with eastbound I-10 near Sky Harbor Airport.

      • The right lane of northbound Interstate 17 will be closed between Adams Street and Interstate 10 from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday (Dec. 3) for guardrail repair work.  The northbound I-17 ramps to east and westbound I-10 (at the Stack interchange) also will be closed.  The right lane of southbound I-17 will be closed between McDowell Road and Van Buren Street (6 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday).  The southbound I-17 entrance ramp at McDowell Road will be closed.  Drivers should use nearby interchanges to detour around the ramp closures.

      • The eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) ramp to the southbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) in east Mesa will be closed from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday (Dec. 3) for construction work.  Drivers should use southbound Sossaman or Ellsworth roads to Baseline Road as an alternate route to reach the southbound Loop 202.

      • The northbound Interstate 17 exit ramp to Yorkshire Drive will be closed from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday (Dec. 3) for light repair work.  Drivers should use alternate routes, including the exit at Union Hills Drive, while the Yorkshire Drive ramp is closed.

      For a complete listing of freeway and highway restrictions across Arizona, visit www.az511.com or call 5-1-1.  Please buckle up, slow down and drive with caution during the busy holiday season.

      Yahoo! Personals