ADOT News: No Construction Closures Over Labor Day Weekend

  • Michelle Thissell
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005

      ADOT: No highway construction closures over Labor Day weekend

      Drivers who take to the state’s highways over the Labor Day weekend will not have to detour around construction closures. The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) says its contractors will take a break from work that requires highway closures during the summer’s last travel-related weekend.

      While there won’t be any construction closures this weekend, ADOT is urging drivers to heed the following tips for safe travel:

      ·

      Pack some patience. Don’t speed and give yourself enough stopping distance behind other vehicles.

      ·

      Buckle your seatbelts. Make sure children are properly buckled.

      ·

      Check your vehicle before leaving on a trip. Check tire pressure and fluid levels.

      ·

      Bring drinking water and food in case of unscheduled highway closures.

      ·

      Arrange for designated drivers. Don’t Drink and Drive!

      ·

      Get some rest before leaving on a trip.

      14 people were killed in traffic crashes across Arizona during last year’s Labor Day weekend. Drivers should expect heavier traffic on Friday afternoon as people head to the state’s high country. Interstate 17 and State Route 87 (Beeline Highway) are expected to be among the busier highways this weekend. Traffic is likely to be heavy on Monday afternoon and evening as campers and other travelers return home.

      For the latest information about highway and freeway restrictions across Arizona, visit ADOT's Traveler Information web site at www.az511.com or call 5-1-1.

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • wolfsted@works4me.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2005

        > ADOT: No highway construction closures over Labor Day weekend

        Michelle:

        Do you have any knowledge on how to get to Alabama? Does I-10 still go
        all the way to Mobile still or is it underwater or washed away? My mom
        isn't feeling well. All the townhomes where she lives had their roofs
        torn off except hers and it leaks. Her house that she rents to one of my
        cousins was damaged also. I need to get there, but I only know the I-10
        route.

        Roz
      • Michelle Thissell
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7, 2005
          Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I was at War. Let me check and I;ll get back to you. Hopefully today. When will you be leaving?

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 8, 2005
            Michelle;

            At the moment, I don't know. I'm still putting out fires here. Stacey
            had a bad seizure episode two Saturday's ago. Stacey's bladder infection
            turned into a kidney infection. I had to give her a pain pill last night.
            As soon as the pediatrician's office opens, I have to call. When I had
            the biopsy of my kidney, they chipped a tooth and banged up a new implant.
            The implant took offense and got infected. I'll be on antibiotics for 14
            more days. My face has gone down. I got the chipped tooth fixed. They
            are going to do a procedure on Thursday to try and save the implant.
            After I get that taken care of, probably then. I heard from my daughter,
            she's okay. I haven't heard from my son. My mom said that my two sisters
            and my two brothers and their families are okay and my aunt had a stroke.
            My mom said (says), "When it rains, it pours." I wish it would just mist
            for a few days.

            How was the war? Tell me about it?
            Roz

          • wolfsted@works4me.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 15, 2005
              Michelle:

              Don't worry about it. I found a route through AAA. Now, however, I don't
              need it. Brother who's a semi driver got to her. She went to "visit" my
              sister in Chicago. If need be, they'll ship her to me. (I don't work.)
              She is feeling better, also. And, finally heard from my son. Stacey got
              a shot and antibiotics for her kidney infection. AND after two minor
              surgical procedures tomorrow, my fires will be out...here and there.
              Thanks for your help, though.

              Elon Gwion (Roz)