7260Re: [Adria-Umbria] Steel Donations/Loans Requested

  • ashton worral
    Jan 24, 2014
      Oh no insult taken.  I'm not an ancient Adrian, but an avid cross player. Trust me I've been on the receiving side of a hard suit injury many times.  Check out battle of nations, it makes my knees and shoulder hurt just watching them.
      I do get a little defensive when folks bash the SCA from time to time.  Sorry if I came off rude or abrupt.  I promise I'm a teddy bear.

      Sincerely,
      Ash

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 24, 2014, at 6:23 PM, "Michael and Teri Cummins" <treson_1999@...> wrote:

      Unto Ashton Worral,

      I am one of the self proclaimed Ancients of the Empire, I have been a member since 1990 (ok, that was before it was the Adrian Empire).  In the beginning the fighters were trained to pull their shots.  That has fallen by the way side sadly.

      I was not throwing stones, I was stating my opinion from what I have witnessed at SCA events.

      Dame Ariana le Treson

      Life is not a bowl of cherries or peaches...
      It's more like a jar of jalapenos...
      What you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!

      On Friday, January 24, 2014 7:49 PM, ashton worral <bigashdog@...> wrote:

      SCA isn't full power either.  Complain about Battle of Nations of you want to throw stones at full power groups.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 24, 2014, at 5:45 PM, "Michael and Teri Cummins" <treson_1999@...> wrote:

      Dame Kate,

      The blows that combatants use should not be full power!!  This is not the SCA.

      Dame Ariana le Treson - not a fan of SCA fighting style

      Life is not a bowl of cherries or peaches...
      It's more like a jar of jalapenos...
      What you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!

      On Friday, January 24, 2014 7:32 PM, michael giovia <veritas_77785035@...> wrote:

      ...boo...

      My concern here is that armor is not one size fits most, much less all.
      Those who remember my qualifying for steel, I had to build 'Monstro' first.
      A 500+ pound man cannot find an equal.
      Squires often still need to heavily adjust their Knight's "extra" armor, even when they are close in size.  The Kingdom/Empire will have very little escape of liability if the pieces are presented as chattle goods.  The pieces need servicing, fitting, and safety verified.  "Cobbling" a suit out of loaner parts will add a greater burden on the Marshalate to insure the safety of the "borrower" and safety of the other combatants.
      Ask this...."Do I have the ability to cover the costs of the possible injuries?"  That is what we are asking the marshals, Kingdom, and Empire.

      My Shillings,
      Sir Cu

      On Friday, January 24, 2014 5:04 PM, ashton worral <bigashdog@...> wrote:

      You ever seen someone hold their neck after you brush their car?

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 24, 2014, at 5:02 PM, "Deena Grady" <damekate1350@...> wrote:

      I have read the waiver -- I'm just saying some people are less than scrupulous and ... you just never know.   IF a mundane/audience member were to request suiting up -- then I would hope that the audience member would not receive full out blows that are usual in our tournaments -- after all the hypothetical audience member is not familiar with medieval steel combat.
      Just sayin'
      On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 4:33 PM, James Sheppard <saintuspuck@...> wrote:

      Read the waiver. If they sign that waiver they accept responsibility for any injuries occurred. Just as we as members sign a waiver that says we know there is a risk to this and we accept that risk.
      On Jan 24, 2014 4:26 PM, "Deena Grady" <damekate1350@...> wrote:

      While it is true a waiver could be signed (and should be) -- no waiver can take away a person's rights (i.e., if an injury should occur (great gods forbid it) it is entirely possible if a legal claim were made for say medical bills to be paid for, then the Kingdom and/or the person(s) whose armour it is/was could be named in such a request).
      Just a couple of pence from me.
      YIS,
      Kate, Comtesse de Morte

      On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 6:33 PM, <fafnir187@...> wrote:

      Good Populace,

      While I appreciate the concern regarding liability, I have spoken with TRM's and obtained their approval before working toward making this project a reality, and will proceed forward with their blessing. In all cases a waiver will be signed.

      So...who's willing to donate what? :)

      Sir Fafnir Hallgrim
      Royal Hospitlar
      Knight Banneret