Admiral Pub liquor license renewal

  • Mark and Jane Wainwright
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2006
      Hello all -

      One thing that came up in our last meeting that demands immediate
      attention is the liquor license renewal application submitted by the
      Admiral Pub. Stan Lock from the Dept. of Neighborhoods forwarded it to a
      few of us.

      I recall that there have been group comments concerning activities
      around the Admiral Pub, so I though we should address this.

      The general comment from the group would be to take "no action" on this
      because of the following:

      1. Dennis Ross mentioned that people from the Pub would go next door to
      the Chinese restaurant, who has their liquor license, to get certain
      types of alcohol back when the Pub didn't have their license. Now that
      the Pub has its license, this foot traffic does not occur.

      2. We are not officially aware of any problems arising from this Pub
      (only anecdotal comments),

      3. We don't believe that action on this issue by the ANA would be in
      line with our group mission, nor do we wish to create any tension
      between the residential community and the business community. Don and
      Nancy - it would be nice to get a business community perspective from
      you.

      4. And finally, problems arising from these types of businesses, at
      least in our neighborhood, have proven themselves to be somewhat
      "self-regulating", i.e. the closing of the Lizard Lounge (now Mission)
      and others.

      So, unless otherwise directed, we won't be submitting any comments
      regarding this license renewal by the deadline of 11/18.

      Please let me know if you have any comments.

      Mark