Fwd: Aging your Way Update
- ---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joanne Donohue <joanned@...>
Date: Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 9:57 PM
Subject: Aging your Way Update
To: "katy.walum@..." <katy.walum@...>
There are so many wonderful happenings in Southwest Seattle that it is time for another update.
- The West Seattle Be Prepared folks are bringing you a timely series during April which is Emergency Preparedness Month. The first workshop is this Thursday, April 7th. See attached flyer for details or go to their website: http://westseattle.bepreparedseattle.info/site/page40.aspx
- Remember that cool idea that was shared at the Gathering back in September about 4 cottages on a lot with a garden in the middle. Anne Van Dyne is moving forward with the idea along with some others and would love to hear from people who are interested.
- Providence Mt. St. Vincent would like to let you know that they are bringing a wonderful new approach to caring for people who need help staying in the community they love. Seattle is one of the few places in the country that makes this long term care model available. It is called Providence Elder Place. Contact sarah.ray@.... The Mount has also expanded it's transitional care capabilities for West Seattle residents just discharged from the hospital in need of rehabilitation services following surgery. These are important 'hospital replacement' services that are part of a 'hospital without walls' concept that are based locally in the community.
- Highline Medical Group is planning to bring Urgent Care to West Seattle by this summer. They will start by expanding hours at their current location and eventually move to a new location that will be open 7 days per week with extended hours. This supports a vision that Patti Mullen at the Chamber has for West Seattle being a destination for medical providers and specialists who want to serve your community.