- ... From: Callison, Moon Date: Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 12:02 PM Subject: Reminder: Public Meeting: Seattle’s Shoreline Rules AreMessage 1 of 1 , Mar 1 7:54 PMView Source---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Callison, Moon <Moon.Callison@...>
Date: Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 12:02 PM
Subject: Reminder: Public Meeting: Seattle’s Shoreline Rules Are Changing
To: "Callison, Moon" <Moon.Callison@...>
Seattle’s Shoreline Rules
Join us for a discussion about what the new rules mean for you.
Will the new shoreline rules affect you? They could if you’re a waterfront homeowner or business owner, live on a boat, or play along Seattle’s shorelines. The Seattle Department of Planning and Development is hosting a public meeting to discuss the changes and answer your questions. We hope to see you there.
March 8, 2011
5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Presentation starts at 6:00 p.m.
Seattle City Hall, Bertha Knight Landes Room
600 4th Avenue, 5th Avenue level
What you need to know:
Highlighted proposed changes that might affect you include:
- Increasing shoreline setbacks for new residential development
- Changing requirements for new and replaced bulkheads, unless water threatens to undermine buildings
- Clarifying the use of shorelines to support businesses
- Improving public access to shorelines
- Prohibiting additional, new floating homes
- Continuing current regulations that maintain existing floating homes
- Regulating the number of liveaboards at marinas
Draft regulations and supporting materials
Detailed information about proposed regulation changes is available at:
The draft regulations, director’s report, and supporting material are posted at:
Public comments on the proposed Shoreline Master Program update, which regulates Seattle’s shorelines, are accepted through March 21, 2011. Please send your written comments to Margaret Glowacki at margaret.glowacki@.... Written comments may also be submitted at the public meeting.