Fwd: King Cty Equity & Social Justice Initiative Town Hall,3/13 5:30 pm-8:00pm

  • Stan Lock
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2008
      fyi.

      Stan Lock, Neighborhood District Coordinator
      West Seattle Neighborhood Service Center
      City of Seattle Department of Neighborhoods
      4205 SW Alaska Street
      Seattle, WA 98116
      206-233-2045

      >>> "Steve Daschle" <sdaschle@...> 3/6/2008 1:56 PM >>>

      <http://www.kingcounty.gov/equity>

      <http://www.kingcounty.gov/equity>

      Join Executive Ron Sims for a Community Town Hall on the
      King County Equity and Social Justice Initiative

      * Thursday, March 13, 2008
      * 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

      This is an opportunity to speak up and join others in working towards
      equity and social justice!

      King County Executive Ron Sims and a panel will respond to comments from
      the community. The program includes a showing of the provocative new PBS
      series, "Unnatural Causes: Is Inequality Making Us Sick?"

      Seattle Central Library
      1000 Fourth Ave
      <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1000+Fourth+Ave,+Seatt
      le,+Wa&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=29.634084,59.238281&ie=UTF8&ll=47.608
      362,-122.33285&spn=0.012297,0.028925&z=15&iwloc=addr> .
      Seattle, WA 98104

      "It is unacceptable that the color of your skin or your home address are
      good predictors of whether you will have a low birth weight baby, die
      from diabetes or your children will graduate from high school or end up
      in jail," says King County Executive Ron Sims.

      The King County Equity and Social Justice Initiative aims to end
      persistent local inequities and injustices that result in, among other
      things, higher rates of disease among low-income populations and
      disproportionate rates of young black men in jail.

      For more information and to read the new Equity and Social Justice
      Initiative report, visit: www.kingcounty.gov/equity