Fwd: [SODOTRAFFIC] SODO Traffic Alert: I-5 closure coming in 9 days

  • Stan Lock
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2007
      In case you haven't heard about this!!!!! --Stan

      Stan Lock, Neighborhood District Coordinator
      West Seattle Neighborhood Service Center
      City of Seattle Department of Neighborhoods
      4205 SW Alaska Street
      Seattle, WA 98116
      206-233-2045

      >>> Peg Nielsen <Peg.Nielsen@...> 8/2/2007 7:51 AM >>>
      ** High Priority **

      Final countdown: 9 days left to make your plans for I-5 closures
      Just nine days left until the biggest construction closure ever on I-5 in Seattle. Starting at 10 p.m. next Friday, Aug. 10, multiple lanes and ramps on northbound I-5 between Spokane Street and I-90 will be closed around-the-clock for 19 days.

      If you haven't made your plans yet, WSDOT has put together a great set of resources and ideas to help you survive the closures including: an agreemnent with Metro to increase from 149 to 250 capacity on the Elliot Water Taxi between West Seattle and downtown. Also an earlier weekday trip has been added at 6:10 a.m. and two extra vans have been added to the shuttle service. Through tomorrow, Aug. 3, you can start a vanpool for $45 with as few as five participants. Check out the WSDOT website for more ideas: www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/I5/SpokaneStreetBridgeRepair