Party in Duwamish Waterway Park on June 24th!

  • O'Connor, Karen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2014

    The South Park Green Space Vision Plan is nearly complete! The final touches are being put on the final report, and it’s time to celebrate! Already exciting changes are underway that we can point to, proving that, as the Concord 5th graders noted at the first community forum, “We can make anything better! WE are the future.”

    Thanks so much to all of you for your help developing the South Park Green Space Vision Plan! We couldn’t have done it without your wisdom and input about your hopes and dreams for South Parks public spaces. We are thrilled to reveal the final report to you next week, documenting your vision for connected green spaces in South Park. A vision that, indeed, is already being implemented today!

    I would like to invite all of you to a community celebration, dinner and bike parade on Tuesday, June 24, from 5 to 8 p.m. at Duwamish Waterway Park. We’ll launch and celebrate the South Park Green Space Vision Plan, and learn about and celebrate early victories, including improvements to Duwamish Waterway Park, the new Rose Street Rain Gardens, and more! So grab your family, friends, bikes and walking shoes, and come on down to party in the park! See below for details (or the attached flier) and feel free to forward this invitation on.

    Cheers to all of you, and I hope to see you on the 24th!

    Becca