SWDC meets Wed, June 5, 6:30pm REVISED AGENDA

  • Pottharst, Ed
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2013

    Hi all,

    Attached and pasted in below is the revised agenda for our meeting next Wednesday, June 5, 6:30 to 8pm, at the Southwest Pool and Teen Life Center.  The main speakers and topics are City Councilmember Bruce Harrell on the City Council’s legislative agenda and Diane Sugimura, City planning and development director, on microhousing.  The discussion of Seattle Public Schools capital projects in West Seattle has been deferred.

    I’ll send out the calendar and May meeting minutes on Monday.

    Hope to see you next Wednesday.

    Ed Pottharst

    Neighborhood District Coordinator

    South Region Team

    Seattle Department of Neighborhoods

    Southwest District Council

    Wednesday, June 5, 2013

    6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.

    Southwest Pool and Teen Life Center, 2801 SW Thistle St, Room 2

    A G E N D A

    6:30 p.m.       Open Meeting/Membership Roll Call, Guest Introductions, Approve Previous Meeting Summary, & AnnouncementsKarl de Jong & Susan Ruppert, Co-Chairs

    6:35 p.m.     Seattle City Council legislative agenda – City Councilmember Bruce Harrell

                            Councilmember Harrell chairs the Council’s Public Safety, Civil Rights, and Technology Committee and is vice-chair of the Council’s Transportation Committee.

    7:05 p.m.     Microhousing – Diane Sugimura, director, Seattle Department of Planning & Development

    7:30 p.m.     CNC Update- Chas Redmond

    7:40 p.m.     West Seattle Items of Interest- All

    • California Avenue SW Historic and Notable Structure Survey – Chas Redmond
    • Helping Neighborhood Groups and Community Resources in West Seattle – Karl deJong and Susan Ruppert
    • July SWDC meeting:  Regular meeting day (July 3) is the day before July 4.  Topics?

    8:00 p.m.       Adjourn