ANA is leading a walking tour for Mayor McGinn this Saturday
- On Tuesday I learned from Ed Pottharst with Dept of Neighborhoods that the Mayor had decided to schedule is walk for the Admiral neighborhood for this Saturday, March 23rd.
The time has been reduced from the original plan for a one hour walk followed by a
town hall to just one hour total, therefore the walk route was greatly diminished.
Below is the agenda prepared by the Mayor's Office and used to prepare the posting in
the West Seattle Blog. Please be prepared to attend the full walk, or at least the portion
at the end at Alki Mail & Dispatch regarding the needed improvements to the pedestrian
crossing at 47th Avenue SW and SW Admiral Way.
Briefing for Neighborhood Visits
Neighborhood: Admiral Neighborhood
Date, time: Saturday, March 23, 1 to 2 pm.
Meeting point: Outside of 2622 California Ave SW (Admiral Safeway)
Q&A venue (include room details): n/a
MO LEAD: Sol Villareal
12:50 pm Walk participants assemble in front of Safeway located at 2622 California Ave SW
1:00 pm Mayor arrives; introduction, walking tour begins
1:00 pm STOP 1: Admiral Safeway, 2622 California Ave SW
· Speaker: David Whiting & JoEllen Wang, neighbors adjacent to 3210 California Ave SW, Curt Baxtor, Safeway
· Topics covered: the Safeway/ Element 42 project is an example of a positive outcome of the design process: collaboration with neighbors leading to the inclusion of public amenities. Some concern with proposed 3210 development.
1:15 pm STOP 2: Walk through of Lafayette Elementary School:
· Speaker: Sean Reynolds, Lafayette PTA member
· Topics covered: The PTA is trying to make major improvements for an outdoor classroom adjacent to the playground.
1:25 pm STOP 3: Pedestrian crossing issues at 47th Av SW &SW Admiral
· Speakers: Don Wahl owner of Alki Mail & Dispatch (located at the intersection) and members of ANA
· Topics covered: Crossing difficulties at the intersection, measures SDOT has taken so far, and the neighborhood's request for a pedestrian signal and other traffic improvements at the intersection.
1:30 pm Coffee chat with walking tour participants at Alki Mail & Dispatch (espresso) at 4701 SW Admiral St.
2:00 pm End of event
- Patrick RobinsonWest Seattle HeraldRobinson CommunicationsBallard News Tribune | West Seattle Herald/White Center News | Highline Times/Des Moines News/SeaTac News