Fwd: Revised Sept. 2012 service change proposal now available for public review

  • Katy Walum
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2012

      Sent from my iPhone

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "Martin, DeAnna" <DeAnna.Martin@...>
      Date: February 2, 2012 4:55:35 PM EST
      To: "Martin, DeAnna" <DeAnna.Martin@...>
      Subject: Revised Sept. 2012 service change proposal now available for public review

      Hello,

      I just wanted to send you a quick update to let you know that our revised service change proposal for September 2012 is now available online at: http://metro.kingcounty.gov/have-a-say/projects/restructuring-system.html.

      Last November, Metro asked for public comment on suggested service changes related to the Sept. 2012 start of the RapidRide C and D lines. We’ve incorporated that feedback into a revised service change proposal that is now ready for public review. Like the changes we originally suggested last fall, this proposal includes changes to routing, frequency, and the times of day when routes will operate.

      Would you help us inform the people you serve about this revised proposal and their opportunities to provide input?

      Public meetings

      Please join us for one of these open houses or check our online calendar for a presentation or information table in your neighborhood. We’ll continue to update this calendar as additional events are confirmed, so please check back for the latest schedule.

      Feb. 13 – Ballard ( Ballard High School , 1418 NW 65th St , Seattle , 6-8 pm)

      Feb. 15 – West Seattle ( Madison Middle School , 3429 45th Ave SW , Seattle , 6-8 pm)

      Feb. 16 – Delridge/White Center (Chief Sealth High School, 2600 SW Thistle St, Seattle, 6-8 pm)

      Feb. 21 – Downtown Seattle (Union Station, 401 S Jackson St , Seattle , 12-2 pm)

      Feb. 23 – Queen Anne (Queen Anne Community Center, 1901 1st Ave W, Seattle, 6-8 pm)

      Feb. 27 – Central Area/Mt Baker (Washington Middle School, 2101 S Jackson St, Seattle, 6-8 pm)

      Please spread the word to people involved with your organization:

      ·         Forward this email to your email distribution lists

      ·         Post this information to your blog or other social media

      ·         Include this information in your next newsletter

      ·         Request hardcopy posters to post or distribute (available in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese)

      Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions – and thanks for all the work you do!

      Warm Regards,

      DeAnna Martin

      DeAnna Martin
      Community Relations Planner
      King County Department of Transportation
      (206) 684-1142

      Learn more about other plans, policies, and projects where Metro wants the public to have a say:

      ·          Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/haveasayatkcmetro

      ·          Metro Matters blog: http://metrofutureblog.wordpress.com/

      ***Please help us get this information to the right person within your organization! If I should be sending this email to someone else or a different email address, please email me back with the appropriate contact information. Thank you!