Shooting at 1631 Euclid

  • Jim Graham
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 4:42 AM
      Message
      Dear Friends:

      Sadly I must inform you that this morning, (3/1/05), at 3:45 AM a man was shot multiple times in front of the Ritz Apartments, 1631 Euclid NW.  I was called by police this morning concerning this shooing. He is in critical condition.

      The victim's name is Tyrone Jenkins, 28, and I am told he lives at the Ritz. He was outside the building with a female when a male came up and shot at him. Six shots were fired, four of which hit Jenkins.

      Police inform me that, on a preliminary basis, they think this might be a retaliation for a prior incident.

      This is tragic and alarming. The new police zone is of course right there. I have asked for the boundary of that zone to be extended east to 16th Street, and it is under consideration I am told.

      I will provide more information as I receive it. Please pass this along to other who you think may be interested.

      Bests Councilmember Jim Graham

      I typically answer emails before 9 AM on weekdays. If you email me after that, it is likely that you will hear from me the next weekday. If there is a need to communicate prior to that, you may wish to call me.

      Jim Graham, Councilmember, Ward One, 1350 Pa. Ave., NW, #105, Washington, DC 20004. 202-724-8181; 202-724-8109 (fax).

      Chairman, Committee on Consumer and Regulatory Affairs. Main Committee Number: 202-724-8198. 1350 Pa. Ave., NW, #112, Washington, DC 20004.

      Website: www.grahamwone.com

    • Aspen
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2 7:26 PM
        I completely agree with Mr. Jacobs. More lights are needed along 15th street and Euclid. As a young professional woman these needed lights could be a life saver. I would feel a lot more safe walking around at night if there were more street lights in that area.

        Thank you,
        Aspen Lagman
        Meridian Heights Condos