Re: Gun recoveries at 17th and Euclid Streets NW

  • matt_heine
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2005
      Yep

      --- In AdamsMorgan@yahoogroups.com, WeaverANC@a... wrote:
      > Nouveau NIMBY?
    • WeaverANC@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 10, 2005
        Tac,

        Sure. First I should have replied directly to Matt and not to the entire list.

        Context: A few months ago someone would write to the list with some unique flowery prose and social commentary on the neighborhood under the moniker "Nouveau NIMBY". The emails went away and Matt's letter  (about 17th and Euclid and Lord of the Rings) was a bit familiar. So I wondered if he was the "Nouveau NIMBY."

        Bryan Weaver
      • matt_heine
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 12, 2005
          Bryan,

          Once again your keen powers of perception have revealed me to be the
          loathsome person I really am. You are correct--I did in fact attempt
          to go into hiding by answering the request of that gentleman from the
          RCNA some months back and switching to my REAL NAME as my message
          board alias.

          As to my flowery prose, my post at least struck a cord with one member
          of this board who lives on 17th, who posted the following to my Yahoo
          account--again aliased very surreptitiously and unscrupulously with my
          REAL NAME: "I'm at XXXX and I couldn't agree with your sentiments
          more."

          I'll sign my posts like I always have--even when I was mullet_over--
          (I just used the pejorative title Noveau NIMBY to describe myself in
          some of my admittedly poorly-written and ill-informed early postings
          that merited the many apologies I hope I provided) with my name:

          Matt

          PS I don't suppose anyone else has ever written--or perhaps
          uttered--words that they might later learn to regret? Perhaps I'm
          still very ill-informed--admittedly this neighborhood is worlds away
          from my former residence just a few blocks west. The point is I
          continue to read these posts--and occasionally post myself--for the
          same reasons I always have: to try and become more informed on the issues.