Re: illegal documents - once again

  • Euan
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2004
      There was an article last weekend about a bust in Northern VA:

      http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=25&sid=172090

      But it seems according to a local FOX News story on 2/11 authorities
      here don't see it as much of a problem. I believe someone they
      quoted from DOJ or ICE said that it was basically OK since they
      were just using the fake id's to work here.

      As someone who went through a lot of time and effort to become
      a LEGAL citizen of this county, I find it pretty disconcerting
      that these illegal sales go on daily right under our noses &
      there's nothing anyone seems to be able to do. MPD won't touch
      them, even when I found a stash of them near my work & turned
      them in. The officers I spoke with said they were told by superiors
      it was a federal matter, and they were not to bother with it.

      -Euan