Just a final reminder that the Adams Morgan Advisory Neighborhood
Commission (ANC 1C) will hold its monthly business meeting tonight
(Wednesday, Oct. 1st) at 7 pm in the Community Room of the Third
District Police Station (1624 V Street, NW). Agenda items include:
* Consideration of further action in the ANC's pending protest against
renewal of Timehri's ABC license.
* Discussion of appropriate steps to address the height issue and
other building permit concerns associated with the structure under
construction at 1819 Belmont Road.
* Review of plans submitted to the Historic Preservation Review Board
for the exterior/front of 1953 Biltmore Street.
* Discussion of Asylum's plans to expand upstairs into the former
Pizza Movers space, necessitating a change in its ABC license.
* Consideration of a request by the owner/developer of 2351 Champlain
Street for a curb cut that will enable garage parking for several
vehicles to be included in its plans for that property.
* Consideration of a pending Zoning Commission proposal to create a
new "High-Density Residential Retail Overlay" zone that could
potentially affect several blocks in Adams Morgan.
* A resolution to support consolidating all of Ward One within MPD's
Third District in the forthcoming redrawing of MPD District
* A memorial resolution honoring the life and service of the late
Carolyn Llorente, former ANC Commissioner and Adams Morgan community
Please come out on Wednesday evening and participate in the ANC's
discussion of these issues.
Chairperson, ANC 1C