Walter Pierce Park

  • Santiago, Marco (MPD)
    Message 1 of 9 , May 25, 2013

      On Thursday, May 23, 2013 around 11:40am a call came in about a couple of snakes that fell out of the trees. When the snakes fell they scared the children, and everyone fled. This was in the playground area. I responded but found no snakes. I caught one small enough to fit inside an empty water bottle I had. It was probably a black rat snake. They are indigenous to trees and the warm weather is drawing them out.

      Sergeant Joseph Perren

      Metropolitan Police Department

      Third District Station

      Play DC is an ambitious program to renovate 32 District play spaces across the city and improve your quality of life.
      Click here for more information on this  DPR and DGS-driven initiative.