Re: [Adams Morgan] Lockhead to Sponsor Adams Morgan Day 2013, Really?

  • Brock
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 1 6:05 PM
      On 2013.03.01.16.27, Andrew Heitman wrote:
      > Whoa whoa whoa- I didn't throw the Hitler card. I just referenced it as an
      > example of where the argument was going here.

      Sorry, but this clearly counts as an example of Godwin's Law, and by
      it's most well known corollary the discussion thereby is terminated and
      you lose the debate. I don't make the rules :)

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

      The trick is to get the _other_ person in the debate to say the magic
      words, and in such a way that you don't mention it or implicate anything
      yourself. Better luck next time.

      --Brock
    • Mitchell Polman
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 2 7:55 AM
        If the groovy green hippie haven of the People’s Republic of Burlington, Vermont can have a partnership with Lockheed-Martin on energy efficiency then I don’t see why the Adams-Morgan Day Festival can’t.  You can read more about what Burlington and Lockheed do together here:  http://www.burlingtonvt.gov/docs/3900.pdf

        Mitchell Polman
      • Chris Version II.0
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 2 1:24 PM
          Actually, it going to be more and more difficult to get jobs at the proposed Adams Morgan luxury hotel because the occupational promises made by the developer, Team Brian Friedman, have shrunk significantly since his testimony under oath at the City Council in 2010 asking for a 46 million dollar tax gift from Jim Graham and the DC Council Finance Committee.

          See the Zoning Docs on the record.

          ** On the Tech Pavillion... I don't think its an outwardly bad idea... but it's probably won't be promoting open source technologies and anything "green" Lockheed puts out there will most likely be associated with their drones.

          I would offer that a couple of family pavilions would allow for some safe space for our kids and moms in a creative, easy fun way.

          Chris O.