KCA Newsletter: Haitian Appeal

  • Karr
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2003
      HAITIAN CHILDREN AND ARTISTS NEED YOUR HELP
      Larry Myers, a KCA member for many years, has been doing very useful
      work assisting a school in Haiti serving low income children. He
      invites you to the Haitian Art Show and Sale receptions on March 15
      and 16 from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. St. Patrick's Episcopal Church and
      Day School, together with St. Thomas', Dupont Circle, have a
      longstanding partnership with five remote mountain villages around
      Buteau, Haiti, in the remote southern mountains. During the last 18
      years we have built the area's only pre-school to eighth grade
      facility. From 125 students in a shack when we started, we now teach
      510 in a new primary school and almost 200 in the pre-school.

      | This article appeared in the February 2003 newsletter of the |
      | Kalorama Citizens Association. For More information on KCA, |
      | send Email to Kalorama.Citizens@... |