VOTE 2004: FCNL’S One Stop Voter Information Web Resource

  • realiteee1
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2004
      With the presidential and congressional elections coming up, voters
      are swamped with candidates' sound bites and photo-ops. The question
      is, where does a conscientious citizen go for real information on
      everything from candidates' positions on the issues to finding a
      polling station?

      Here at the Friends Committee on National Legislation we have created
      an easy-to-use voter web page. From our home page, www.fcnl.org,
      click on the red VOTE 2004 button, and you will find a myriad of tips
      and tools.

      Click on My Election Information for information on the races in your
      area. Just enter your zip code to get details on the presidential
      race, as well as on congressional and other state-level races. You
      can learn about candidates' positions on key issues and read about
      their background.

      Within that same web tool you will find local voting logistics. Click
      on "More About (your state) Elections" to read about the voting
      machines your state uses, how to find your polling station and what
      kind of identification you may need to bring when you vote. You can
      also find out how to get an absentee ballot or how those serving in
      the military can vote.

      Back on FCNL's "Vote 2004" page, you will find many other resources:

      For new voters: FAQs gives answers basic questions about how to vote.

      For registering voters: Join Friends and others across the country in
      our voter registration efforts. Click on Join Our Vote 2004 Campaign
      for ideas on how to register voters in your house of worship and in
      your community.

      For a faith perspective: See our Voting and Faith section for links
      to projects that bring religious communities' reflection and
      compassion to civic action.

      For talking to candidates: Our Questions to Ask Candidates gives
      background information and candidate queries on FCNL's main issues.
      Take them with you to your next town meeting or campaign event, or
      use them for radio call-in shows.

      For more information and materials: Click on Join FCNL's VOTE 2004
      listserve to sign up for weekly Vote 2004 updates, including
      additional tips and resources for registering voters and getting them
      to the polls.

      For more materials: Click on Order VOTE 2004 Materials to order
      brochures, pins and stickers to distribute in your community.

      SUBSCRIBE to FCNL's listserves:

      UNSUBSCRIBE: Please click on the link at the end of this email to
      unsubscribe or send an email to field@... with your request.

      Note: If you receive emails from multiple FCNL listserves you will
      need to unsubscribe yourself from each individual listserve. Every
      email you receive from FCNL has unsubscribe instructions at the end
      of the email.

      FCNL will not rent, sell, share, or trade your name to any other
      organization. To read FCNL's Privacy Policy go to

      Order "Questions to ask the Candidates" brochure, "Your Vote Counts"
      brochure, Vote 2004 stickers, and Vote 2004 lapel pins!

      Go to http://www.fcnl.org/elections/materials.htm or

      Phone: Call 800-630-1330, ext. 142. Leave a message with mailing
      information and number of stickers requested.
      We appreciate contributions for bulk orders of bumper stickers. The
      suggested donation for peace signs is $5 each.

      Your contributions sustain our Quaker witness in Washington. We
      welcome your gifts to FCNL, or, if you need a tax deduction, to the
      FCNL Education Fund. You can use your credit card to donate money
      securely to FCNL through a special page on FCNL's web site at

      FCNL also accepts credit card donations over the phone. For
      information about donating, please contact the Development team
      directly at development@.... Thank you.

      Friends Committee on National Legislation
      Mail: 245 Second St. NE, Washington, DC 20002-5795
      Email: fcnl@...
      Phone: (202) 547-6000|
      Fax: (202) 547-6019
      Toll Free: (800) 630-1330
      Web: www.fcnl.org
      Congressional Information: http://capwiz.com/fconl/dbq/officials/

      We seek a world free of war and the threat of war
      We seek a society with equity and justice for all
      We seek a community where every person's potential may be fulfilled
      We seek an earth restored