Be Independent this 4th, read and act for Peace :)

  • james m nordlund
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2004
      Dear Fellow Artisits, Writers and Friends,

      Hola! I hope you and yours are well and will continue to be. "We,
      the people..." can be independent this 4th, and act for Peace :)

      Restart Israeli-Palestinian Negotiations Take Action!
      Contact the President and Congress Today

      A remarkable grouping of Christian, Jewish and Muslim leaders,
      including the
      United Methodist Council of Bishops, has appealed to Secretary of
      Colin Powell for "active U.S. reengagement to restart Israeli-
      negotiations and provide concrete humanitarian and development
      that can help halt the downward spiral of violence and despair, and
      people's shattered hopes for peace in the Middle East." Click here
      for more
      on that effort.

      Please add your voice by asking the President and Congress to support
      immediate restart of Israeli-Palestinian negotiations. United
      Methodists are
      committed to the objective of a comprehensive Arab-Israeli peace
      that would bring recognition and security to Israel and national and
      rights to the Palestinians. ("The Middle East and North Africa," 2000
      of Resolutions, p. 757).

      For more information on the Peace and Justice issues, contact Mark
      at 202-488-5645
      General Board of Church & Society
      The United Methodist Church
      100 Maryland Avenue, NE
      Washington, DC 20002

      As well, I hope yours is happy, and here's a couple twigs of poetree
      for all
      to share :)

      Shadow and Light

      Growing, expression, experience,
      Movement, uplifting of mind,
      The heart of dance, "To leap and
      Contend", choreographed by self
      Unfolding, is art incarnate;
      Gestured. ...As in language symbols
      Letter poets words through
      Their languid dance on leaf,
      Thus evoked lifelines are
      Freer and freed.

      As well, an unchiseled beauty
      Expresses humanity in children's...,
      Only the non-sculpted can unsculpt.

      Dances soul, our viscosity shadows
      Its expressions breadth, realized
      In depth through compassion,
      Is being universally accessible
      Only from inside one's self .
      Spirit, quintessential experience of
      Fluidity in movements enlivening;
      Muse, soma, piety, gaiety.
      Earth and sky, we, as agua
      Uncontainably articulated, dance!

      Tree's leaves found,
      Though, they empty be,
      May utter profound, and
      Image immeasurably.

      All, what do you think? Lest "we" forget, if you don't exercise
      responsibility, its Siamese sister, freedom, will wither, as well.
      now, it first needs to be exorcized before its exercised. Copy,
      share, as
      you will. Viva la evolution! Music is life's song accompanying the
      of joy's Spring. Enjoy an estival eve' as you can. I look forward to
      from you.

      Matutinally Yours, james m nordlund reality (aja) :)

      For those interested :) "of or pertaining to the morning, day:
      relating to
      or happening in the morning or in the early part of the day (formal),
      (Mid-16th century, from late Latin matutinalis, from Matuta, goddess
      of the
      dawn.)" Disabled Greens News and discussion (own), Group home page:
      Abuse in Therapy (own), Group homepage :)
      "Painting is poetry which is seen and not heard, and poetry is a
      which is heard but not seen." ~ Leonardo da Vinci Ciao, for now.