Re: [About_Alfords] Revised May 2013 Newsletter - Different

  • BEN MISTICH
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 11, 2013
      Gil,
      I have printed mine.  It looks great.  Haven't had a chance to read it yet, but the index looks interesting.
      Evelyn

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 11, 2013
        Evelyn,

        Great!  Good for you.

        When you read it please think deep into AAFA and "outside the box."  Let us hear of any ideas or any questions and please do so here at About Alfords just in case someone else gets interested.

        The June issue will be a bit different in that we plan to have less text and more links, but are not sure how successful that will be.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 11, 2013
          Gil, I apologize for not replying sooner,
          but I do want to let you know that I have read
          all of your recent communications, though I never
          did locate the attachment you mentioned.

          I have been trying to think of suggestions for the online
          newsletter and meetings, but I have always thought
          that both are exceptional and any improvements
          would only be tweaks to already excellent programs.

          John and I both agree that alternating meeting locations
          between states with early Alford settlements and those
          with larger AAFA membership would be better than
          choosing one state for all future meetings.
          This is despite the fact that Texas and Houston
          were suggested, and most of John's family
          now lives in Houston.

          I have always thought that tours to the lands
          where the early Alfords resided would be
          as interesting as the tours to local attractions.
          They would be more interesting to me, but I do
          realize that they are often not near the larger cities
          where hotels suitable for meetings are located.
          One exception to that was Nashville, but no tours
          to Alford lands and cemeteries in the area
          were planned even then.

          Any way you can work out technologically for you
          to participate in the meetings would be great.

          We are definitely planning to make it to Raleigh
          and very much appreciate the choice of a pet-friendly hotel.

          Kathy Schultz